Barking Mad!

Go down

Thumbsdown Barking Mad!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14 2013, 11:35

Hi all! As you all know it's been a super long time since I've posted anything on here! With the new arrival I've been super busy, he's like a little baby and you cannot keep your eyes off him for any amount of time!

I'm basically just asking a question on how to stop his incredibly bad behavior when he sees people or dogs? He's finally got all his weight back on him, and I feed the both of them a mix between raw and Arden Grange kibble, they also get 2-3 walks a day with a half hour off lead play in a court (they haven't cut the crops down on the field yet so I can't use his long line). He was a devil dog in the house, picking anything up he could which has almost stopped with a lot of training and telling off Laughing but when he sees people he goes crazy, when I get bak home he just slowly comes to see me wags a bit has a stroke then runs back off into the garden, when other people come round he goes INSANE. He's even flipped himself over a few times due to bouncing off the other people, funny but embarassing! After a lot of tell off (to the people who come in and Charlie) he will listen until someone touches him and he goes crazy again! Hes calmed down a lot in the house now though but he can and will still jump up once or twice (not as high though). Out side hes even worse, he will jump up people if given a chance, he's even tried to get into car windows because he's seen the person in there! So that's his first issue which I cannot over come with him!

Second issue, he's starting to bark at other dogs and he sounds VERY aggressive. Charlie is fine with other dogs (as far as I know) as he's been on pack walks, and met plenty of other dogs while he was in reacue before I had him. He's met my aunties dogs and he was fine with them, but if he sees a dog in the street he'll pull and bark, I get him to sit and he'll cry and hen stand up and bark ect but if the other dog touches him (someone let their dog run upto him off lead) he'll stop barking and play like a fool? People have said its him being protectie, people said hes lead reactive, people have said he's frustrated that he can't play? I'm really stuck on what to do with him as he's getting worse, as well as not listening! I've even been told to muzzle him (which I won't) but I have brought a halti to see if having more control of his head will help, but him getting worked up gets Ebony worked up and it's just a complete mess when we see other dogs!

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help Smile

Back to top Go down

Thumbsdown Re: Barking Mad!

Post by Sazzle Tue Sep 17 2013, 22:29

Hey hun, not much help I'm afraid. Daisy has found her voice big style now but it's not barking at dogs as such. I'm ignoring her turning away and not making any eye contact and it seems to be working. The quiet command not so much but will keep at that as well Smile 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 18 2013, 08:39

What Saz is doing seems the way to go, I am lucky with Vin he isn't a great barker only when he hears something untoward in the garden. Good luck keep at it Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 18 2013, 10:05

Darcy can be a little giddy hen we have visitors, I just tell everyone to ignore her until she's settled then they can say hi, which seems to be working Big Grin except with my dad she just jumps into his arms for snuggles and doesn't move until he goes home Laughing as for barking Darcy has found her voice but she isn't much of a barker other than when she's spooked. But I'd just ignore the unacceptable behaviour and he'll get there. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down