Another attack ?

4 posters

Go down

Another attack ? Empty Another attack ?

Post by mickgill Sat Sep 07 2013, 11:27

Now i know the dog was out of order but i truly believe that he was  playing in the way that Staffys do , if he had meant to attack he could have done serious damage to this child, i also believe the Mother who i understand  fully is  fuming is going OTT asking for a breed bad and saying all Staffy's are dangerous.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/ban-danger-dogs-says-manchester-5850898
mickgill
mickgill
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Another attack ? Empty Re: Another attack ?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07 2013, 11:48

Sad & a terrifying ordeal for the child and her mother, but saying

"This shows that all dangerous dogs like Staffordshire bull terriers which are naturally vicious should be banned".

won't help anybody.Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Sun Sep 08 2013, 10:26

People need to realise that just because a dog has a bad reputation doesn't mean all dogs of that type are vicious, it's how they're brought up. Yes staffys were made to fight or whatever but it does not mean that every single staffy will attack you, if the owner brings it up with love and cares about it the dog will be fine. It's just like a kid, if their parents don't care and stuff the kid could turn out to be a bully... Why don't I read on the news "attack by another young boy" "All humans are nasty and need to be banned" there's more "attacks" by people than by dogs.
Yes it is sad what happened to the little girl and I feel sorry for the poor girl but it could of been any dog but just because its a staffy people decide to try get it banned. I would literally move to another country if staffys were banned... I think it's already bad enough that pit bulls are banned now they want to try get rid of staffys? Might as well get rid of all dogs for this to happen. Or a better idea, people that want to own a "dangerous" breed should have to have a license and pass a test if the dog attacks someone that license is taken away and they won't be able to own another "dangerous" breed.
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Dragon
Dog(s) Ages : DOB - 25-12-2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Sun Sep 08 2013, 11:05

The fact the mum and daughter were first walking with the owner and 2 dogs means she wasn't worried about the dogs at first
I feel for the girl but it does sound as if the dog got over excited when let off the lead
I know my 2 can be the same and have given me a few bruises whilst charging about and if I let 1 off and not the other the one off lead will charge about trying to grab the one on lead
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanota Mon Sep 09 2013, 18:51

DragonTheStaffie wrote:...Or a better idea, people that want to own a "dangerous" breed should have to have a license and pass a test if the dog attacks someone that license is taken away and they won't be able to own another "dangerous" breed.
Unfortunately, that already happens!!! To have Nana –my staffy– I must compulsory have/pass a license as if I had a gun or a weapon of mass destruction!! It's crazy!
Nanota
Nanota
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nana
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down