Royal Canin???

Go down

Royal Canin??? Empty Royal Canin???

Post by Jasminesmum Fri Sep 06 2013, 14:35

Jasmine is on Fish4Dogs at the moment, which she is eating and seems ok on. However, I did see a thread on here that was quite negative about it, and was wondering what people's thoughts were on Royal Canin versus Fish4Dogs??
I would like a high protein content for her obviously, and looking at the ingredients Royal Canin is 29% as oppose to Fish4Dogs which is only 26%.
Now I know protein content isn't the only factor, but I am no expert and was looking for experienced owners views on see two. Cheers!

X
Jasminesmum
Jasminesmum
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Jasmine
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Royal Canin??? Empty Re: Royal Canin???

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06 2013, 14:37

I have never heard anythign bad about fish4dogs but plenty about royal. I would stick to the fish4dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06 2013, 14:56

I think the thread you meant was maybe blown out of the water a little bit and it was around a change in recipe ?? I myself was part of this thread . Fish 4 Dogs was once an excellent food and the forum was very pro F4D , then they changed the recipe a little , I was assured by F4D personally that it was all for the good of the dogs through extensive research , I think the outcome was that it downgraded F4D from excellent to good , it certainly isn't a bad food and if Jasmine does well on it then stick with it Smile The time to look is when she gets bored of it . Mine were on F4D for about 4-6months and I changed back a) in temper due to the recipe change and b) because the kids were getting a little bored of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06 2013, 14:59

Definitely agree with both of the above posts. Smile If she's doing well on Fish4Dogs, stick with it - it isn't a bad food. Yes, it used to be better, but it's still better than Royal Canin as it is now, in my opinion! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasminesmum Fri Sep 06 2013, 18:49

Thank you everyone. Think I may stick with it until she gets bored if the Royal Canin isn't great. It's just I have a bag from the vets that was free, but will give it to someone so it doesn't go to waste!

X
Jasminesmum
Jasminesmum

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Jasmine
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down