how many times does my dog need to pee

3 posters

Go down

how many times does my dog need to pee Empty how many times does my dog need to pee

Post by scott61985 Tue Apr 19 2011, 19:31

i take blade out 3 times a day. and he must wee at least 7 times each walk most of time he does it and nothing comes out its a nitemare his 8 month old i hope he grows out of it. also everytime he goes in a new house he wees in the house
scott61985
scott61985
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : blade and zena
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

how many times does my dog need to pee Empty Re: how many times does my dog need to pee

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19 2011, 21:21

He's not weeing on walks he's scent marking and the same for when he in a new house, Taz has about 6 proper wee's a day and he used to scent mark alot more than and it used to be so frustrating so if i do not see any urine i pull him along.

Back to top Go down

how many times does my dog need to pee Empty Re: how many times does my dog need to pee

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19 2011, 21:47

Absolutely.

He'll stop & try to pee everywhere if you let him! He won't grow out of it.

Does he walk to heal?

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Tue Apr 19 2011, 22:27

Laughing So glad Hollie doesn't do this Laughing
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19 2011, 22:32

debbiewaterhouse wrote: Laughing So glad Hollie doesn't do this Laughing

My GSD bitch also used to do this! Once she got to about 18 months old she'd stop everywhere if I let her & do tiny little pees. I'd taught her the 'heal' command, so every time she tried to stop I'd just say 'heal' and she'd catch up & walk by my side for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Tue Apr 19 2011, 23:07

I'm still trying to get Holie to 'heal', she just wants to be off n away Laughing she's very good when on the harness but she still needs to be in front...any suggestions?
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19 2011, 23:27

I'v noticed the last couple of day blondy has been scent marking and acting quite dominant but i'm unsure what to do really i under her hormones are going to be all over the place so she is probabilly confused but should i nib it in butt now or give her a little time till her hormones are back to normal and she may settle herself.
maybe i should do a little gentle approach kinda thing until she is back to normal.

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Wed Apr 20 2011, 09:21

yea he sits when i tell him to. so if he wont grow out of it what do i do. i really want a well trained dog before zena comes along i feel like iam failing with him
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : blade and zena
Dog Gender(s) : male and female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20 2011, 10:17

don't forget he is still young and learning..
Don't be too hard on yourself!! ( or him ! )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20 2011, 12:44

debbiewaterhouse wrote:I'm still trying to get Holie to 'heal', she just wants to be off n away Laughing she's very good when on the harness but she still needs to be in front...any suggestions?

Only the old 'turn the other way and carry on walking' one! It's boring, takes you ages to get anywhere, but it does work!

MissRogue wrote:I'v noticed the last couple of day blondy has been scent marking and acting quite dominant but i'm unsure what to do really i under her hormones are going to be all over the place so she is probabilly confused but should i nib it in butt now or give her a little time till her hormones are back to normal and she may settle herself.
maybe i should do a little gentle approach kinda thing until she is back to normal.

I'd let her settle for a couple of weeks and then see what she's like. It probably won't take long for her to get back to normal.

scott61985 wrote:yea he sits when i tell him to. so if he wont grow out of it what do i do. i really want a well trained dog before zena comes along i feel like iam failing with him

Whoa! You're not failing him at all! He's a pup, and pups do things wrong. If they never did anything wrong, you'd never be able to teach them what's right & what's wrong anyway!

If possible, avoid taking him to other people's houses for a couple of months. I know that sounds like you're avoiding the issue, but all you're doing is allowing him to mature a bit more & realise his scent doesn't have to be everywhere he goes!

When you're out with him, take some treats & every time he stops call him to heal & offer a treat. Don't get impatient or angry, he's only doing what comes naturally!

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Thu Apr 21 2011, 21:21

think its just a male thing.... stich will stop at every thing he thinks need making... can be a pain stoping every 2mins.. . till he down the park...

just stick with it.... Cool
scott
scott

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21 2011, 21:43

Blue used to be murder for this Laughing They all try it so don't worry
I would do as Caryll suggested. Teach him to walk at the heal. Still allow him to relief himself, just not 70 times a walk Laughing
To start with let him relief himself say every 100 metres if he tries before give him a quick correction and tell him to heal, when he heals say "Yes!" in a happy voice and reward with a treat "Good Heel Blade" Well you get the picture
Keep us all informed on how he progresses and if it works

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down