what do you think. I wish to study, but is this the right place (in england)

+3
Kathy
janey
Taryn
7 posters

Go down

what do you think. I wish to study, but is this the right place (in england) Empty what do you think. I wish to study, but is this the right place (in england)

Post by Taryn Wed Aug 14 2013, 09:33

Something I have always wanted to do was a study of canine behaviour and psychology and then apply it to help out with a shelter to get dogs adopted, as well as offer it as a service for training dogs as a profession. I have become aware of a study course in Middlesex University under the Cambridge Institute of Dog Behaviour & Training.

So My English friends and people who have lived in sunny England.... what can you tell me about this? Its a BA(Hons) Degree, that i can complete from here in finland but would need to make one or two trips to campus during my study. Do you think its legit or worth my effort?

ghere is the site address http://www.cidbt.org.uk/index.html
Taryn
Taryn
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

what do you think. I wish to study, but is this the right place (in england) Empty Re: what do you think. I wish to study, but is this the right place (in england)

Post by janey Wed Aug 14 2013, 10:24

Sorry hun its not something I know much about as I left education at 16, great idea though Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

what do you think. I wish to study, but is this the right place (in england) Empty Re: what do you think. I wish to study, but is this the right place (in england)

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14 2013, 10:46

im sure a certain mod that will know this best will be along soon
Eleanor Eleanor Eleanor were art tho lol your expert field needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Aug 14 2013, 11:11

This looks like a good course, it's one I have considered doing myself. Unfortunatly I couldn't get the funding to do it though. Good luck.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Wed Aug 14 2013, 15:38

Looks good I am signed up to a local distance learning course just haven't submit anything yet the good summer has got in the way :S
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Wed Aug 14 2013, 21:31

This is who I'm studying with Smile I'd certainly recommend it, as far as I'm aware it's of the only courses that let you study to degree level, but there's no funding so it's bloody expensive! My previous employer graduated at degree level with them and is now a very sucessful self employed behaviourist. I've completed the basic training and common behavioural problems courses so far. Moving onto aggression next Smile The lecturers are great, and Ross has some of the most gorgeous Rotti's i've ever seen! And you get to smoosh them all on the workshop days Big Grin 
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Fri Aug 16 2013, 13:04

I wouldn't know much about it, but if you are passionate about it, and you feel it is right, I would definitely go with it! It is never too late to achieve your dream!! Good luck Smile
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell Fri Aug 16 2013, 13:25

Can't help with the program information, however I think the study (and your reason for it) are wonderful ... let us know if you decide to go ahead Smile
Kell
Kell

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down