Ella or Eleanor help please or any one knowing about bearded dragons(up date)

Go down

Ella or Eleanor help please or any one knowing about bearded dragons(up date) Empty Ella or Eleanor help please or any one knowing about bearded dragons(up date)

Post by stella Fri Aug 09 2013, 17:45

not got news at all,he has got a big impaction and the next 24 hours are critical,we seen our vet tim and though he does'nt specialize in reptiles was brilliant,he massaged his tummy for 10 minutes and dripped some lubricates up his bum to try and make him poo which he did a bit but tim said there is a lot more to come out but known yet Sad ,i have to give him drops of olive oil to try and shift it and lots of warm baths,just gave him one earlier and he kept falling asleep in it,to be truthful he looks awful,his beard is black,i've never seen it like that before,he's just sleeping now.
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Ella or Eleanor help please or any one knowing about bearded dragons(up date) Empty Re: Ella or Eleanor help please or any one knowing about bearded dragons(up date)

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09 2013, 17:49

Definitely worth upping his temps in his viv a couple of degrees to help get his digestive system working at it's best, but yes lots of water baths Sad hope he improves soon

Back to top Go down

Ella or Eleanor help please or any one knowing about bearded dragons(up date) Empty Re: Ella or Eleanor help please or any one knowing about bearded dragons(up date)

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09 2013, 17:55

Poor thing! Sad Definitely agree with Ella!

Keep at it! I hope he feels better soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Fri Aug 09 2013, 18:02

i just feel so useless,as i cant help him,is it best to leave him be and just let him sleep?
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09 2013, 18:19

It's common for beardies with impaction to be very sluggish, so if he wants to sleep, that's not surprising. The warm baths will help a lot. If you're worried about him falling asleep during the baths, you could try placing your hand under his head to ensure it stays above the water.

If you gently massage between the ribs and back legs for a minute (you might feel a lump - that's the impacted poo), it can help to break up the impaction.

The olive oil your vet gave you will definitely help as well.

I know it's a horrible feeling, but that's probably all you can do right now. Ella or Eleanor help please or any one knowing about bearded dragons(up date) 3198918699

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09 2013, 19:40

what eleanor said!

do let us know how he's getting on Ella or Eleanor help please or any one knowing about bearded dragons(up date) 3198918699 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11 2013, 16:39

How's he doing? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11 2013, 16:56

yer how's he doing now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down