met two lovely dogs.. and encountered negativity

5 posters

Go down

met two lovely dogs.. and encountered negativity Empty met two lovely dogs.. and encountered negativity

Post by sonics family Sun Jun 30 2013, 21:41

We went to a local country park today and i popped my son to the cafe while my hubby tried to get sonic out the lake! Anyway sat outside the cafe was a family with a staffy and a rottie. my son goes straight up and asks if he can stroke them, the lady looks slightly taken aback and said ' yes please go ahead, they are very friendly but normally get given a wide berth' so i of course had to join in the fuss which ultimately ended up with us all on the floor in a tangle of hands, paws and tails! anyway, another family walk past and the little girl who was probably about 4 said ' look mummy doggie' the lady looked over and said, ' don't go near them they will bite you'. The guy with the dogs just simply said, very loudly, ' its a shame some peoples ignorance stop them from feeling the love that comes from the soul of a dog, its also sad when a child is bought up to be scared of something as that fear will be detected by every dog they see'

So far, with sonic we haven't encountered much negativity, maybe because she is still pretty small but i just think the guy summed it up so well, and from now on if we do get negativity i am going to remind myself its not me missing out on staffy snuggled!
sonics family
sonics family
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sonic
Dog(s) Ages : 26.06.2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 24

Back to top Go down

met two lovely dogs.. and encountered negativity Empty Re: met two lovely dogs.. and encountered negativity

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30 2013, 21:55

'its a shame some peoples ignorance stop them from feeling the love that comes from the soul of a dog, its also sad when a child is bought up to be scared of something as that fear will be detected by every dog they see'

What a brilliant thing to say, he put it perfectly.

Back to top Go down

met two lovely dogs.. and encountered negativity Empty Re: met two lovely dogs.. and encountered negativity

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30 2013, 22:02

I think the chap put it perfectly, it's always nice to meet like minded people Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun Jun 30 2013, 22:03

Great post, thanks for sharing, glad you had a fun day out Big Grin 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30 2013, 22:20

sonics family wrote: ' its a shame some peoples ignorance stop them from feeling the love that comes from the soul of a dog, its also sad when a child is bought up to be scared of something as that fear will be detected by every dog they see'

What a lovely thing to say!Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sun Jun 30 2013, 22:40

its easy to feel like your the owner of satans own dog himself sometimes but, more often than not these days Im meeting more people that understand staffords. I just love it when a staffy owner asks what my two are and i say Staffy cross "of course they can play" its one of a few dogs I feel comfortable letting my two play with as they share the same ethos to what play is, esp laska the nutball. the word does seem to be getting out and i even had a posh old woman with two labs say how much she loves the breed today...she is a bit dotty though as ive met her 5 times and shes told me the same story about her dogs being rescued on each occasion as she doesnt remember me...
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun Jun 30 2013, 22:42

Laughing Ah bless her
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30 2013, 22:43

Lol Nathan, we do meet all sorts in the dog world don't we.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sun Jun 30 2013, 22:53

Lynda wrote:Lol Nathan, we do meet all sorts in the dog world don't we.
lol yeah, but im sure her husband "does" remember us and just keeps shum, he just gets out his treats and asks the dogs to sit while she gives us the story.
to be fair im not complaining though as she obv loves her dogs and loves staffies as well, and i politley stand there and give the same awws and arrs as last time. its bit like an old major and his wife out on the prairies. i bet he loves to shoot off to his shed with a pipe at the bottom of the garden lol. sweet to see them though.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01 2013, 00:14

You have great patience and forbearance Nathan ! (which is another thing that dogs teach us Smile )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01 2013, 10:33

I liked what the bloke said. It's very true biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Jul 01 2013, 10:48

It is a real shame that a generation of youngsters will miss out on the love of a dog. When I was young I was biten by a dog on my face but it's never put me off having a dog or making a fuss of one when out, asking permission first of course from the owner.

That guy really put it well, well done fella.

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Mon Jul 01 2013, 11:30

He couldn't have said it better! So very true, people need to realise not every dog is viscous or will attack!
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down