Interesting. Flea/tick prevention...

2 posters

Go down

Interesting. Flea/tick prevention... Empty Interesting. Flea/tick prevention...

Post by Jackieb Tue Jun 11 2013, 08:16

What do u think of the 'pet protecter disc' ?

http://www.petprotector.org/About.aspx
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Interesting. Flea/tick prevention... Empty Re: Interesting. Flea/tick prevention...

Post by Kell Tue Jun 11 2013, 08:25

I think there seems to be an awful lot of reasons that it may not work written at the bottom there .... sort of reads like "get rid of the fleas etc so you don't have a problem and then put this on"

Very questionable in my opinion (but happy to be proven wrong if anyone has tried it Smile )
Kell
Kell
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Interesting. Flea/tick prevention... Empty Re: Interesting. Flea/tick prevention...

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11 2013, 08:38

Hmmmm I'm not convinced, why not just do as we do, check them all them time, if we make sure they have none then why would they need this? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11 2013, 10:20

I wouldn't use it, even if it was proved to work! I don't treat for fleas unless they're present.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11 2013, 10:23

Reading further, it means you have to have a collar on your dog 24/7. I'm absolutely against that, so I definitely wouldn't use it.

Maybe it's effective for cats, I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11 2013, 11:23

Caryll wrote:Reading further, it means you have to have a collar on your dog 24/7. I'm absolutely against that, so I definitely wouldn't use it.

Maybe it's effective for cats, I don't know.

Darcy never has a collar on unless we're going out or have visitors (just incase she decides to jump up) so definitely a no go for me too, and thanks to listening to the forum advice I don't use flea treatments either Big Grin (unless I saw the little darlings)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down