Puppy Attacked

3 posters

Go down

Injured Puppy Attacked

Post by Clare/Joe Wed May 15 2013, 03:05

Re: Monday 13th May 2013 Puppy Attacked 77458

On Monday evening my husband, son, daughter and my mother who is down visiting, all took Bo-Jangles to Goodrington Sands in Paignton for a play time. Sadly I couldn't go because I am not well at the moment. Puppy Attacked 42712

Joe was recording our children and Bo-Jangles for me to see later in the evening. Joseph came running towards Joe with Bo-Jangles in hand, Amy came running up just slightly behind them. Joseph said for Amy to go run Bo-Jangles, so he handed her the lead and off they both went happy as anything.Puppy Attacked 779277

Whilst Amy was running along the beach with Bo-Jangles on the recording you see this large Dalmation running around off the lead with another dog.

Amy stopped running as she was out of breath and the Dalmation came over to Bo-Jangles who was showing no aggression to the Dalmation and was properly harnessed with the lead in Amy's hand, proceeded to try and bite
Bo-Jangles twice on the back, then tried for his neck and finally it had just put its opened jaw over Bo-Jangles head.

Amy screamed at the Dalamtion trying to get it's attention off Bo-Jangles, then all of a sudden our son who turned 16 last week came charging over, kneed the Dalmation away from Bo-Jangles then as he was picking him up the blooming thing only tried to get at Bo-Jangles again. Puppy Attacked 77458At the same time mom shouted "pick him up". If it had not been for Joseph picking him up he could be dead or badly injured. The Dalmation was not wagging it's tail and you and clearly hear it growling.

What Bo-Jangles did was totally amazing Puppy Attacked 36484, once he realised this was not a friend but a foe, he made himself small so each time that dog could not get a proper hold on him. Then when it went for his neck and head, Bo-Jangles put his head down into the sand, but, the really clever thing he did was to never take his eyes off of his foe. Puppy Attacked 38969 He is a 12 week old baby, He didn't whimper or cry or try to run away he watched the beast and moved his body to his maximum advantage so that beast could not get to him. I am so proud of him and his tactical movements. Puppy Attacked 599462

Once Bo-Jangles is safely in Joseph's arms you see this woman come sauntering up with a cup of coffee in her hand and a lead in the other hand saying "don't worry he's a puppy and is only 6 mouths old and is only playing."Puppy Attacked 77458

If I had of been there she would not have known what had hit her, it was her lucky day I was not there because she would not have liked what I'd have said to her and would happen if she didn't keep her dog on the lead at all times and go to training lessons with it, because clearly she had no control of it. Puppy Attacked 77458

Due to the nature of my illness I have to take regularly bed rest when I feel drained so on that particular night I hit the roof when I went down and saw the footage, I was hugging and kissing Bo-Jangles saying "I am so sorry I wasn't there to protect you." Puppy Attacked 42712 It will not happen again as I shall be with him at all times no matter how I feel in future. I shall be keeping my eyes open for that woman and her bully of a dog, and I shall set her record straight, she will understand me clearly when I have finished what I have to say.

She was totally out of order letting the dog off its lead knowing full well she couldn't control it and in 6 months she should have realised what it's nature was like. Plain nasty!!!!! Puppy Attacked 77458Puppy Attacked 77458Puppy Attacked 77458

When Joe and I turned in for the night he told me Bo-Jangles kept on trying to settle down but couldn't. Joe told me as soon as Bo-Jangles was in my arms he settled straight away and went to sleep within a minute or so. I am glad to say Bo-Jangles is still a mommy's boy. Puppy Attacked 63639

Clare - angry and upset. Puppy Attacked 77458Puppy Attacked 932742
Clare/Joe
Clare/Joe
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bo-Jangles
Dog(s) Ages : 7 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Injured Re: Puppy Attacked

Post by Guest Wed May 15 2013, 03:32

Must have been a horrible experience for them all, and then for you to watch afterwards Sad glad Bo-Jangles is unharmed though. He's very young, he'll bounce back, just try to stay calm on your walks and continue to meet friendly dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15 2013, 06:19

Aw poor Bo Jangles. How frustrating it must have been for you to watch and hear about. Don't let it affect the walks though - they are resilient creatures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15 2013, 12:52

Aww >Big Grin< >Big Grin< all round, try not to let it spoil your future walks, I'm glad bo-jangles is ok Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed May 15 2013, 12:58

Oh no Sad I'm glad everyone is OK >Big Grin<
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15 2013, 13:11

Pups are usually attacked, they are "easy targets"

I'm only glad that your kids were not hurt, many pup owners get badly bitten trying to protect their dogs.

i hope the lady got a good telling off!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Wed May 15 2013, 14:27

Good on your son for taking control. Must have been quite scary, Dalmations are like mini ponys !
If I was there I woulda slapped the silly cow for being irresponsible.
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Injured Re: Puppy Attack - (Bo-Jangles)

Post by Clare/Joe Thu May 16 2013, 01:26

I would like to thank everyone who have posted concerned messages of support for Bo-Jangles, my family and I.Puppy Attacked 400206
I really do appreciate all the replies I have received for our darling boy and my family.Puppy Attacked 779277

Bo-Jangles wouldn't leave Joseph's side after the attack, which, means he was still scared and was staying with the person who protected him, I told you he was clever. Yes I was really upset when I saw the video footage, if steam could have come out of my ears I think quite possibly it would have at the time. Puppy Attacked 77458Hehe!!!!!

My husband Joe made sure to introduce Bo-Jangles to some friendly dogs before they all came home after the attack, Joe said he was dubious when he came to the first dog, but was ok thereafter when he met the other friendly dogs I am glad to say. Puppy Attacked 833335

I'm not a neurotic person usually, but, I am very protective of me and mine. It was awful seeing Bo-Jangles under threat, but, I am so proud of our son Joseph for running over and protecting Bo-Jangles and lifting him up to safety. Obviously I have calmed down now, but, I am still not happy about it. Puppy Attacked 42712

I am glad to say it doesn't seem to have effected Bo-Jangles in the long term, he is his usual loving, happy and playful self.Puppy Attacked 599462Puppy Attacked 599462

Once again, thank you. x
Clare/Joe
Clare/Joe

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bo-Jangles
Dog(s) Ages : 7 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0