+3
gem
janey
Scarfacewc
7 posters

Go down

Hi and help Pls Empty Hi and help Pls

Post by Scarfacewc Sun Mar 20 2011, 22:02

[21:28:31] Scarfacewc : Hi everyone i am new to this i have 2 staffys one 13 weeks female and one male which is 7weeks i have a couple of problems first one is the female (roxy) is bullying the male (renzo) is this normal at this age also renzo has hurt his leg he want walk on it its not broke because he will raise it wen he wants to and last of all roxy got bitten to day by my friends dog which is a pit bull his tooth went through her lip just want to know if it would b ok and how fast does it heal pls help me many thanks for reading this

Scarfacewc
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Roxy and renzo
Dog Gender(s) : Female and male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Hi and help Pls Empty Re: Hi and help Pls

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 22:09

Hi & Hi and help Pls Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Hi and help Pls Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Hi and help Pls Icon_arrow Here are a list of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Hi and help Pls Icon_arrow You can ask for help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Hi and help Pls Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Hi and help Pls Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Mar 20 2011, 22:14

Poor you, read it but can't be much help as I only have one. They seem very young (7 weeks is very young to be away from the mum and being introduced to another dog) to have aggresion issues and could be a hierachy thing I guess or just playing, they do play rough! I would have thought her lip should heal but be aware at such a young age you don't need aggresive dogs around your pup.

How did you come across getting 2 of a similar age??

Welcome to the forum and you will get some great advice I'm sure x
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 22:19

Please forgive me for being blunt, but the first thing you have to do is rehome one of your dogs Sad

Bull breeds are full on dogs, if one is dominating the other at these ages, it's not good. If they get into a fight, + it's not only possible but probable, how will you separate them? (but then your name would suggest you might know about this ??? 'scarface ???')

You won't unless you have a lot of experience with bull breeds. I'm just trying to save you some heartache here, please listen Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Mar 20 2011, 22:50

Oh no you have your hands full dont you, poor renzo not only has he a bad leg he is getting picked on you must step in and stop her tell her no and mean it. It is possible he could have broken his leg they have a high pain tolerence level and you need to have him checked out by a vet.
Under no circumstances would my mates pit bull be around my pups if that had happened so keep it away she will need her wound cleaning and kept an eye on for infection she may need antibiotics if there is any sign of infection Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarfacewc Sun Mar 20 2011, 23:50

Thank for ur advice peeps they r both fine wen someone is in the room it not all the time every now and then i read up on them on the stages and roxy is at the stage where she protecting food i have caught her twice now and both times i have told her no then she is fine with him he can b abit rough with her , we brought roxy first but i really wanted a boy my sis father in law dogs had pups but the dad of renzo was havin enough with them he is a good dog and the mom was refusin to feed them i think she was sore from feedin them so i had him before she refused thm also my mates pitbull is a pup him self few month older than roxy i seen him with other dogs and he has been fine with them i didnt let them loose together never will but dunno y he done tht to her roxy is antibiotics for it took her the vet straight away I grew up with staffs most my life just cant really remember thm at puppy stages and the name scarface is because i got slashed down my face by a gang of lads i ent that sort of person fightin and wot not got my own family to worry about thanks peeps agen

Scarfacewc

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by salixius Mon Mar 21 2011, 00:21

i had a little bit of food agression when i first introduced axel to my jack russel terrier whom can be much more than a handful than a staffy can lol! i tryed filling half a bowl of food and i hand fed them all sitting and waiting for there bit...for some reason this has worked and has been nipped in the bud..if i see signs of food agression the bowls are lifted immediatly and given back when iv gained control.I didnt think there were pit bulls in uk
salixius
salixius
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : axel
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarfacewc Mon Mar 21 2011, 07:00

I ent seen them snap over the past 2 or 3 days now which i am glad hope ot stay tht way but i know renzo will get to this stage at today and the next couple of days they will be feed apart just while roxys lip bad just incase renzo accidentally nips it and u will be very suprized how many pitbull tht r in the uk i have known a few people who have had them and do have them and tht just in the midlands so god knows how many others there is my honest opinion i have never trust them dogs and definently will not now

Scarfacewc

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Mar 21 2011, 07:46

Hi & welcome to the forum Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 08:33

hello and welcome, seem like you have got your hands full

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 13:34

Hi & welcome to the forum wave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 14:46

Hi, & welcome to the forum.

salixius wrote:i had a little bit of food agression when i first introduced axel to my jack russel terrier whom can be much more than a handful than a staffy can lol! i tryed filling half a bowl of food and i hand fed them all sitting and waiting for there bit...for some reason this has worked and has been nipped in the bud..if i see signs of food agression the bowls are lifted immediatly and given back when iv gained control.I didnt think there were pit bulls in uk

Good advice there - food aggression can often be nipped in the bud in this way.

Salixius, there are quite a few pure bred APBTs in the UK. You just don't get them advertised too much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarfacewc Mon Mar 21 2011, 16:05

Thank u everyonenfor rhe advice roxy looks abit better today lips gne diwn abit still alittle swollen she starts her course of antibiotics today hope tht goes well renzo also looks like his on the mend walkin alittle better earlier also i think i found the problem with him he got his paw trapped in the bk door so my gf said so we will keep an eye on the shutting of the bak door and they have been outside together for a while and they have been fine still feed thm tohrther
Jus yet because of roxy mouth hopfully things start getting a bit better cheers peps 

Scarfacewc

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 16:07

Aw, glad to hear her lips a bit better. Hopefully they'll settle down as long as you keep on top of the situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarfacewc Mon Mar 21 2011, 16:09

It ment to be still ent feeding thm together lol

Scarfacewc

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 16:11

I think that's sensible, at least for the time being.

Back to top Go down

Post by salixius Mon Mar 21 2011, 16:53

ow glad its bit better for you .at least you looked for advice here and i hope the pups get better .
salixius
salixius

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : axel
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by lolalollypop Mon Mar 21 2011, 17:50

hiya and welcome Smile glad to here they both doing well just keep a eye on them and they should be fine.jelousy and food gaurding and all the other stuff is usualy just pups being pups and till they sort it out them selfs they will squable.all pack animals are like that our horses are the same in the field.as you have a male and a femalei cant honestly say how they will be together when they grow as i have two females (one staff 8 and a half months one dalmation 5 yrs)but they best of friends but still squable over stupid stuff like kongs and food.from what ive read though a male and female are usualy better living together than 2 females so all should be good Smile lol i dont envy you though lolas enuff of a handfull on her own i wouldnt want two of them to deal with.
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Hi and help Pls Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : lola esme
Dog Gender(s) : females

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Mar 21 2011, 20:47