What is the most fantastic invention to come in your lifetime (not including the PC)

+2
janey
Kathy
6 posters

Go down

What is the most fantastic invention to come in your lifetime (not including the PC)  Empty What is the most fantastic invention to come in your lifetime (not including the PC)

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 19:42

Reckon for me it was the video player as it was the forerunner to everything leading into the digital world

Back to top Go down

What is the most fantastic invention to come in your lifetime (not including the PC)  Empty Re: What is the most fantastic invention to come in your lifetime (not including the PC)

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 19:46

Sky Plus Laughing

It's a God send.

Can't really think of anything I use often that was invented in my lifetime.

Back to top Go down

What is the most fantastic invention to come in your lifetime (not including the PC)  Empty Re: What is the most fantastic invention to come in your lifetime (not including the PC)

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 19:48

MatLogan wrote:Sky Plus Laughing

It's a God send.

Can't really think of anything I use often that was invented in my lifetime.

suppose you're just a kid really and for me to say the pc was not allowed didn't really even come into it Big Grin They were just starting to roll them out whilst you were a twinkle in mammy's eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 19:50

True lol!

I wonder if there'll ever be an invention as massively world changing as the PC ever again thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 19:54

MatLogan wrote:True lol!

I wonder if there'll ever be an invention as massively world changing as the PC ever again thinking

well there was the old computer , before they made it fit on desk Big Grin but realistically our lives in general are all now steered around this computer invention thing , unless you live out in the 3rd world or you are Homish , that's why I banned them as a suggestion . Sky + is a good one though , not got it myself as we don't subscribe any more and stopped way before it was though of . I do have a Digital HD recorder though so same thing sort of but off the aerial , sure Sky+ has a couple more bells and whistles but its just a software thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:00

It would have to be my Nikon D700 camera, I love it Love Struck Love Struck Love Struck
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:02

Android Mobile phones
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:03

How could I forget! SAT NAV! Surprised

I wouldn't be able to do my job or anything without Sat Nav.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:05

janey wrote:

Android Mobile phones

Agree Big Grin I love my iPhone Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:05

GHD Hair Straigteners!! Laughing
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:14

Sazzle wrote:GHD Hair Straigteners!! Laughing

Agree!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:15

BB Cream Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:28

Me! Big Grin

Kindle probably. Can never beat the look, feel and smell of a lovely book, but I get through books really quickly. If I'm going away, one book will only last me for 1 - 3 hours, depending on how long it is. I'd have to take dozens with me. So Kindles are my favourite. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:43

Gotta agree with Mat here, Sky plus/HD and remote record! What would I do without them?!
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:44

phpbb 3 if someone didn't make we wouldn't have the forum we use today

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:51

Hair trimmer. I blink and another hair is trying to sneak off out of one of my nostrils Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun Apr 28 2013, 20:56

Laser hair removal Laughing
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 21:00

Smart phone definitely! I would be lost without mine!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 21:01

Hard question because there's been loads (not including computerisation and the micro-chip), but I think I'd go for the high-speed drill accompanied by more humane dentistry (like local anaesthetic). Anyone old enough to remember having a bad tooth drilled by a foot-pedal operated drill (without LA!) Crying or Very sad may possibly agree with me !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 21:26

Probably the iPhone. Mines been in my hand for 3 years non stop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 28 2013, 21:33

touch phones are lame simple as!! why would anybody want one i dont know

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 22:24

mp3 players and the wife says 3d tv/ movies
i think its brilliant that you can fit 1000s of songs on an item 1"square and 5 mm thick (my nano)
and the wife likes to see her super heros in 3d Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by kc Mon Apr 29 2013, 01:10

kita90 wrote:
Sazzle wrote:GHD Hair Straigteners!! What is the most fantastic invention to come in your lifetime (not including the PC)  646359

Agree!!!!

Agree also!! I remember when I was younger mum straitening my hair with a iron and tea towels HAHA. Iphone also as I couldn't be without it
kc
kc
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What is the most fantastic invention to come in your lifetime (not including the PC)  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 07/01/2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 18:28

Mat's no 2 of a Sat Nav would deffo be no 2 on my list too , it is a godsend for me and my job and will cut easy 15-30 mins off each journey and a pile of A-Z's getting thrown out of my car

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 18:32

oh i also love my sat nav too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 18:51

im ols school i got a sat nav but a challenge myself not to use it upto now iv getting everywere without using it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 19:07

ella wrote:oh i also love my sat nav too!

Warren wrote:im ols school i got a sat nav but a challenge myself not to use it upto now iv getting everywere without using it Smile

I did fine before it but if I lost it now I'd just have to stay at home for the rest of my life Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 19:10

I would never find some of the places I've to go to without Sat Nav. Little tiny country roads barely the width of a car.

The Sat Nav just means I can concentrate on driving rather than where I'm going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 19:13

MatLogan wrote:I would never find some of the places I've to go to without Sat Nav. Little tiny country roads barely the width of a car.

The Sat Nav just means I can concentrate on driving rather than where I'm going.

On the other hand I can also say that thanks to my SatNav I have been to some places where I would never ever otherwise have been.................little tiny country roads barely the width of a car Rolling Eyes .......god love TomTom Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down