Information

3 posters

Go down

Information Empty Information

Post by Batman Attacks Thu Apr 25 2013, 01:01

So. I walked Lucky (Female staffy) with my friends male staffy. She sniffed him, then he went to sniff her back....and she let him...but after awhile she started pushing him away and even a little small snarl. He even got scared at one point. Then they walked next to each other.

I got her home, and she had the biggest smile on her face for ages..keeps getting up licking herself. And he apparently got home and was whimpering for her. She didn't seem to be interested much in person. But home...she seemed to love it? Straight Face

Batman Attacks
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Information Empty Re: Information

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25 2013, 01:07

Some dogs get sick of others quickly. Even friendly dogs get annoyed with Loki after a while because he bothers them too much. There's a German Shepherd we walk with who walks great next to him, but if Loki sniffs her too much, she'll bark at him. Some of them just don't like too much of it and tell off the other dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Attacks Thu Apr 25 2013, 01:18

Yeah, that's what we were thinking. His dog...is always "testing" the boundaries with females we think he's a little frustrated xD. She let him for a while but told him when he was passing the limits Straight Face.

Is there anything we can do to minimize this?

Batman Attacks

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25 2013, 01:22

Nothing, really. Dogs have their disagreements just like people do, just keep an eye on them and as I said, if one of them is getting annoyed or uncomfortable, separate them for a little while so they don't have the chance to escalate things. Pictures, man, pictures! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Thu Apr 25 2013, 02:23

Did you get a dog?? A rescue im assuming because she is an adult?? Or is it someone elses dog that you are watching? If so where did you get her? How old is she? And pictures please!!!!!
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gwen
Dog(s) Ages : 12/22/2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Attacks Thu Apr 25 2013, 12:31

Yes. Yeah, she's an adult so you guessed right Big Grin. She's two years old, and I'll try and get some pictures today Big Grin

Batman Attacks

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25 2013, 12:35

Batman Attacks wrote:Yeah, that's what we were thinking. His dog...is always "testing" the boundaries with females we think he's a little frustrated xD. She let him for a while but told him when he was passing the limits Straight Face.

There's not really a need to minimise it. Wink It doesn't sound at all like aggression, so if you tried to stop her from doing it, you'd be preventing her from performing natural behaviour. If she doesn't want another dog to do something, body language and vocalisation are pretty much the only ways she can let him know that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25 2013, 12:38

Batman Attacks wrote:Yeah, that's what we were thinking. His dog...is always "testing" the boundaries with females we think he's a little frustrated xD. She let him for a while but told him when he was passing the limits Straight Face.

She's just telling him to back off. The only dog that should be corrected is your friend's dog. He should be trained to not overstep the boundaries! It sounds like he's just allowed to do whatever he likes.

And no, it isn't 'frustration', it's dominance or just plain bad manners! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachb26 Fri Apr 26 2013, 08:09

Aww congrats on your new girl Smile

I would keep the other dog on a lead around her, until she's used to it being around, even indoors. Plus if you have only just re-homed her it's all still new and she's still adjusting Smile

It does sound like bad manners/lack of socialization. I always put Saffy on the lead if I see a dog that we don't recognize, not because I don't trust her, just because I don't know the other dog and their personality. 90% of the time its fine but occasionally we will come across another dog she doesn't like (for whatever reason) and it's usually black labs thinking
Rachb26
Rachb26
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Saffy
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down