Breaks my heart...

2 posters

Go down

Breaks my heart... Empty Breaks my heart...

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20 2013, 22:42

Knowing how much Alfie depends on me. Makes me think how he must have been in his previous home. His little face when he looks at me speaks a thousand words. I give my all to him yet I know his previous home didnt. Hes such a dependant little dog, I cant imagine how he must have been in a home that didnt give him any attention or love like I do.
Why get a dog of you cant commit?

Back to top Go down

Breaks my heart... Empty Re: Breaks my heart...

Post by janey Sat Apr 20 2013, 22:46

Moo had 3 homes before me, will never know why!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20 2013, 22:47

I think its amazing how much they can love us yet theyve had such a crap background

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20 2013, 22:58

Ah Ellie - I understand your feelings, but you can't change history. Alfie's history is in the past, it was unfortunate to say the least, but then you came along and I'd bet a pound to a dollar that all Alfie is concentrating on now is YOU!

We can break our hearts over what our beloved dogs have gone through previously, what matters is the here and now and Alfie is in his forever home - his memories of his previous life will fade, as yours must.

>Big Grin< to you both - only good times ahead!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20 2013, 23:04

Shouldn't break your heart though, because he's not looking to the past, he's looking to his present, and he's got a brilliant life with you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20 2013, 23:09

Think if the great life he has now >Big Grin< and all the love you give him Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20 2013, 23:11

I know, i know he has a better life now but I cant help but think about how it used to be. The way he looks at me, i dont want to imagine him looking at someone like that who doesnt give a * about him. Even if he is a little bugger Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20 2013, 23:15

Forget it Ellie, I'll bet Alfie has. Don't torture yourself.

Alfie lives in the here and now, and that's with you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20 2013, 23:17

No need for sadness Ellie all that matters is the here and now, and He obviously has found a good life with you. Come on girl just think what He has brought to you aswell! Big Grin >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20 2013, 23:19

I sometimes play devil's advocate and think (though it'll never happen) what happened if I had to rehome Loki? It's the kind of thought that'd break my heart not just because of how sad I'd be, but because I know how clingy he is. I had two separate trainers tell me after seeing us once that he adores me and has a very strong bond to me, so to ever imagine that broken is very sad. So I get what you mean, but no point in thinking things like that. Me because Loki's staying with me forever Big Grin and you because Alfie's been taken from a crap home and given love and happiness forever. That's all they ask and that's what you're giving him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20 2013, 23:41

Agree with everyone else! He basically started his life over again with you, and a very happy life indeed! He always looks very content and healthy in all your pictures; I'm sure whatever badness happened in his past is in the back of his memory now as you've helped him through a lot! So a big well done to you both Big Grin I know where you're coming from though, I personally feel bad for her previous owners on missing out on such a great dog. I feel privileged to have her! I often think about how they treated her though as she still shows some memory of what happened in her past and it's so sad because she literally just wants to love everything. She's stuck with me forever now though muwahaha Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 09:26

Thanks guys, I know I shouldnt think about it...cant help myself sometimes Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Apr 21 2013, 10:08

We are also Rocky third home and we adopted him when he was only a year old, cannot understand some people, maybe they just cannot be bothered to put the effort in.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 10:23

I know what you mean but you need to concentrate on the present and future. Alfie has a good life now and is happy. I sometimes wonder about if Lola had gone to a bad home. She has a lot of unsavoury habits and I think if she gone to someone bad they would get annoyed with her very easily Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 12:05

You have done a great job though. He will understand that and appreciate it forever. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down