Do you make a big deal of your Dog's Birthday ??

+5
Annie and Maxi
Nathan
Sazzle
Kathy
janey
9 posters

Go down

Do you make a big deal of your Dog's Birthday ?? Empty Do you make a big deal of your Dog's Birthday ??

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 18:56

So Tommy is 1 tomorrow and was just wondering what does everyone else do .

He's got a new Harness and Collar , an Interball and some fluffy things along with some treats , special BD cards fro Tilly, Jenny and Me n the OH , presents are all wrapped up and labelled and we've been hiding them from him . Jenny is downstairs now baking a doggy BD cake (pleased it's only the dogs can eat it Laughing )

And tomorrow first thing in the morning we will have the present opening ceremony on our bed just like we do for me , the OH and Jenny and of course Tilly

Does everyone else do similar or is it just another day ?

Back to top Go down

Do you make a big deal of your Dog's Birthday ?? Empty Re: Do you make a big deal of your Dog's Birthday ??

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 18:58

I made a big deal for Logan's birthday, he got presents etc and friends came round to get drunk after a big walk. I also took the day off work. Big Grin

I've never known any of my previous dog's birthdays Sad

Back to top Go down

Do you make a big deal of your Dog's Birthday ?? Empty Re: Do you make a big deal of your Dog's Birthday ??

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:01

now I never thought about having a party , day off work and getting drunk thinking sounds like July 8th (Tilly's BD ) is planned , we could have a Barbie for her Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:01

Demps gets a couple of presents. Sometimes a small fairy cake with a candle. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:03

Sweet, Moo gets a cake which I eat Big Grin
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:04

Dave wrote:now I never thought about having a party , day off work and getting drunk thinking sounds like July 8th (Tilly's BD ) is planned , we could have a Barbie for her Big Grin

Day sorted Dave! thumbs up

I'd thoroughly recommend it!

Even though Logan's is December and it was freezing. It was still great craic and I had the house full. Most people thought it was a funny idea and wanted in on it! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:06

Ok who wants to come to Tilly's birthday barbie Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:08

Dave wrote:Ok who wants to come to Tilly's birthday barbie Big Grin

Me and the Monster would join in no bother Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:12

Never made a big deal of it before because we didn't know their birthdays, but they always got presents and a big meal full of left-overs on Christmas. Definitely making a big deal out of Loki's birthday though Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:15

MatLogan wrote:
Dave wrote:Ok who wants to come to Tilly's birthday barbie Big Grin

Me and the Monster would join in no bother Big Grin

You would feel a little left out at one of mine though Mat , in the kitchen with me OH making and eating salad . My menu consists of any meat in a bun Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:17

Dave wrote:You would feel a little left out at one of mine though Mat , in the kitchen with me OH making and eating salad . My menu consists of any meat in a bun Big Grin

As long as I can bring a few bottles of gin I'm not concerned about eating Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:19

ooh Gin , had to stop drinking that a few years ago as I had aggression issues on it Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:19

After all the misery there is around at the moment in this uncertain economic climate we certainly need days that will cheer us up, go for it Dave and celebrate away, I would be very happy to celebrate with you.

Rocky's birthday is 6th December which we celebrate and celebrate it again on 22nd December because that's when he came home.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:20

Rocky's like the Queen 2 Birthdays Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:23

Erm a little bit i got them a new toy or whatever and they get an extra special meal with treats but that's about it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 19:25

ella wrote:Erm a little bit i got them a new toy or whatever and they get an extra special meal with treats but that's about it Smile

Let's face it, they have such great meals they can't really be topped Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 20:50

I'm not really too sure when Eb's birthday is, so we're gonna class it as the day we got her as it was sort of a new "life" for her as such! We're deffo gonna make a big fuss, might have a party too Wink She'll most definitely get presents and family members will come and see her Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 20:55

Tara wrote:Never made a big deal of it before because we didn't know their birthdays,

You should have had Gotcha Days instead - Janey does for Moo!! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 20:57

CodlingKid wrote:I'm not really too sure when Eb's birthday is, so we're gonna class it as the day we got her as it was sort of a new "life" for her as such! We're deffo gonna make a big fuss, might have a party too Wink She'll most definitely get presents and family members will come and see her Big Grin
Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 20:58

Darcy's 1st birthday is 19/08/2013 I can't wait to celebrate it Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 21:03

I'm afraid that I don't make a great deal about my dog's birthday. It's recognised of course amongst his nearest and dearest humans - he's a year older - but no special celebrations, as it doesn't mean a thing to the dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 21:09

Lynda wrote:I'm afraid that I don't make a great deal about my dog's birthday. It's recognised of course amongst his nearest and dearest humans - he's a year older - but no special celebrations, as it doesn't mean a thing to the dog.

How do you know Surprised Tommy's been logging on to my pc for the last few weeks and has a countdown on my pc set and guess what tomorrow is zero day Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 21:23

For Roxy's first birthday she got a toy and a treat I think along with a trip to the park. Come to think of it, we took a trip to the park for my b'day too Laughing and her daddy took both days off. Vinny's is a while off.

I did get invited to a doggie party a few months ago at the park - was great! There were about 20 dogs and we all sat around watching them romp with a glass of vino. Afterwards, the dogs all got puppy packs to take home that consisted of rawhide, chewies and biscuits. And of course the birthday girl got a gift from each dog that attended.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 21:27

Dave wrote:
Lynda wrote:I'm afraid that I don't make a great deal about my dog's birthday. It's recognised of course amongst his nearest and dearest humans - he's a year older - but no special celebrations, as it doesn't mean a thing to the dog.

How do you know Surprised Tommy's been logging on to my pc for the last few weeks and has a countdown on my pc set and guess what tomorrow is zero day Big Grin

rolling on the floor Tommy is obviously one very smart doggy! Happy Birthday Tommy xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 21:36

RoxysMum wrote:For Roxy's first birthday she got a toy and a treat I think along with a trip to the park. Come to think of it, we took a trip to the park for my b'day too Laughing and her daddy took both days off. Vinny's is a while off.

I did get invited to a doggie party a few months ago at the park - was great! There were about 20 dogs and we all sat around watching them romp with a glass of vino. Afterwards, the dogs all got puppy packs to take home that consisted of rawhide, chewies and biscuits. And of course the birthday girl got a gift from each dog that attended.

We're going for a walk and a pub lunch at the weekend but I think that is just the OH monopolising the situation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 21:38

Dave wrote:
We're going for a walk and a pub lunch at the weekend but I think that is just the OH monopolising the situation

Like that wasn't on the cards anyway? Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Apr 17 2013, 22:36

I can't wait for Daisy's first gotcha day, will be a huge deal! At christmas she had her own stocking from santa full of pressies !! I posted a pic a bit ago of us opening them!!

Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Wed Apr 17 2013, 22:41

Hell yeah. Spoiled marley rotten last year and will do same for laska in a couple of weeks...
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 22:41

Sazzle wrote:I can't wait for Daisy's first gotcha day, will be a huge deal! At christmas she had her own stocking from santa full of pressies !! I posted a pic a bit ago of us opening them!!

The kids used to get a chair each for xmas difficult now we bought a corner suite Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 22:47

We do spoil Suki rotten on her birthday. Last year she ate better than we did on her birthday

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie and Maxi Wed Apr 17 2013, 22:48

On her 7th Birthday Maxi was served a cake (that got way too big and basically had 3 days worth of food in it) made out of the deliciousness of peanut butter toast, raw chicken necks, dried liver treats, whipped cream and fruit and berries. She was in heaven! After that she enjoyed a nice massage (since she could hardly move lol)

But inviting people over and getting drunk sounded very nice too, might try that this year Tongues

Do you make a big deal of your Dog's Birthday ?? Img_2412

Do you make a big deal of your Dog's Birthday ?? Dsc00411

Do you make a big deal of your Dog's Birthday ?? Img_2411
Annie and Maxi
Annie and Maxi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Do you make a big deal of your Dog's Birthday ?? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maxi
Dog(s) Ages : 8
Support total : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 22:56

Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Apr 17 2013, 23:00

Dave wrote:
Sazzle wrote:I can't wait for Daisy's first gotcha day, will be a huge deal! At christmas she had her own stocking from santa full of pressies !! I posted a pic a bit ago of us opening them!!

The kids used to get a chair each for xmas difficult now we bought a corner suite Smile

Laughing Have to section it off!!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 23:17

Great pics Annie, that's an amazing cake Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 02:01

Awww Maxi Love Struck Tha is a great cake Laughing

We haven't got to Steff's birthday yet but I will be sure to be making a fuss Laughing

Wow can't believe Tommy is 1 Surprised Happy Birthday Tomminator Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Thu Apr 18 2013, 02:17

Ledger will be getting presents and a cake/treat of some kind his birthday is listed as 31st May and gotcha day is 19th July
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 05:31

Tara wrote:
ella wrote:Erm a little bit i got them a new toy or whatever and they get an extra special meal with treats but that's about it Smile

Let's face it, they have such great meals they can't really be topped Laughing

Well I try and give them a special meal Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by pag Thu Apr 18 2013, 09:56

Of course.. it's the law. Molly usually get lots of prezzies for Christmas and birthdays. Christmas she get a years supply of homemade dog bicci's and birthday she get's a cake, she get's excited and knows it's a special day.
pag
pag

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Thu Apr 18 2013, 10:20

Happy Birthday Tommy. Sorry Bacchus and I can't be there but it's a long drive from Aberdeen and driving back after the party could be hazardous.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 10:37

Lovely pics Annie and really good stories, very heart warming Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 11:29

short ov it hell yee he gets spoilt rotten lol

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Thu Apr 18 2013, 11:57

Great pics Annie. Don't think my boy would sit still long enough to get a party hat on. Probably eat it before the cake.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by marlesghille Thu Apr 18 2013, 12:20

Of course we do! She's one of the family!!

Do you make a big deal of your Dog's Birthday ?? Happybirthdayskye
marlesghille
marlesghille
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 12:22

Very well done on the cake writing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 12:32

Yes Vinnie has a card and a pressie didnt have a cake last year but I am going to make one this year. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down