Agility in London

Go down

Agility in London Empty Agility in London

Post by kavman27 Wed Apr 10 2013, 10:54

Hi everyone!

My little staffy, Hayley loves agility like training. I get her to jump up and down on top of large logs when we walk and she's near perfect in obedience. She loves it!!! So I think i'd like to take her to some agility, she has bundles of energy and I think she would love it.

I've got a couple of problems, while I live in South West London near a big common I can't find any classes near me. Hayley also doesn't travel well in the car, she always vomits and hates it. I've tried everything. So I'd like to find something as close as possible to me.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

kavman27
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Hayley
Dog(s) Ages : 1
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Agility in London Empty Re: Agility in London

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10 2013, 11:19

I am no help with possible places sadly, but yes agility sounds very suitable for burning off some energy. Bare in mind though that at a year old she is still growing so some of the more extreme jumps etc may hurt her.

You could try giving her some ginger before car rides as it is said to help. Also avoid feeding too soon before a long car journey.

Back to top Go down

Post by kavman27 Wed Apr 10 2013, 11:28

She's actually about 18months now but point taken that it may be a little early for her to start the really hard stuff.

I've tried everything ginger (she refuses to eat it now), don't feed her on the day of travel, sit with her in the back (which involves a tricky operation trying to catch the sick in a plastic bag!), using a thundershirt, keeping the car cool with airflow going, opening a window (though she tried to jump out, lucky i had hold of her), human travel sickness tablets (that i'm assured are safe for dogs)..........not sure what else to try!

kavman27

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Hayley
Dog(s) Ages : 1
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10 2013, 11:32

At 18 months it's a very good age to start Smile

Looks like you are having bother with the car, and have tried almost everything! Hopefully some of our other members have some more tips to try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down