help still urinating in house!! really cant take much more

4 posters

Go down

help still urinating in house!! really cant take much more Empty help still urinating in house!! really cant take much more

Post by Rocko2011 Thu Apr 04 2013, 01:55

hi last week i put a post up about rocko urinating in house I took him to vet they says it was a urine infection so he got anti biotics which he has finished his course but still doing toilet, I'm starting to think its seperation anxiety, today I took my partner out for meal and he urinated on bed, he sleeps in his own bed out in hall but everytime we put him out at bed time he does toilet in hall. he gets out all the time for the toilet at least every two to three hours.
any advice will be much appreciated thanks.
Rocko2011
Rocko2011
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Rocko
Dog(s) Ages : 1
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

help still urinating in house!! really cant take much more Empty Re: help still urinating in house!! really cant take much more

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 02:04

It may still be the infection or just because he got used to toileting in the house.. I would try taking him out more often than every few hours, maybe every 45mins if thats possible and give loads of praise when he does go outside.. Also make sure that the areas he has toileted inside are cleaned up properly to rid of the scent otherwise he will just keep marking that same area Smile

Back to top Go down

help still urinating in house!! really cant take much more Empty Re: help still urinating in house!! really cant take much more

Post by Rocko2011 Thu Apr 04 2013, 02:27

yeah ive been cleaning it with a floor cleaner.
hes bak at vets on fri 4 his follow up appt for another urine sample the vet says if its still showing blood in his urine on friday then hes got an infection in his prostate.
Rocko2011
Rocko2011

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 02:48

Just try if possible to take him out more often, I know it may be hard but if he can't help it due to infection the best thing is to try to keep his bladder empty by taking him for more frequent wees Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Apr 04 2013, 12:36

Maybe try going to back to basics and as annoying as it is instead of 2/3 hours take him out every 30mins and praise when he goes, just a thought Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 13:10

I agree, it might be an idea to go back to the very start and re learn. His infection has possibly broke his routine and he just needs a helpng hand to get back into the swing of things Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu Apr 04 2013, 13:18

Aree with the above, start taking him out more oven to remind him that business is done outdoors! Good luck, I hope things get back to normal soon for you and that he gets the all clear at the vets Smile
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 13:21

Rocko2011 wrote:yeah ive been cleaning it with a floor cleaner.

Be careful with floor cleaners. Some have ammonia in them which, to a dog, smells like urine & could actually encourage him to wee in the same place again! I'd try cleaning with a solution of biological washing powder/liquid to get rid of every trace of the smell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocko2011 Fri Apr 05 2013, 02:46

thanks well i bought sum puppy pads today and started taking him out every half hour and giving him treat and praising him just doing wot i done to toilet train him. will c wot his urine sample says at the vets and c wot we can do to get him back on track.
Big Grin its just not in his nature hes such a good well behaved dog hes never really caused any problems for me.
thanks everyone for advice really appriciate it applause
Rocko2011
Rocko2011

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05 2013, 08:45

I hope his tests all come back clear & I'm sure going back to basics will help. Good luck :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Apr 05 2013, 09:21

how many time do you take him out and how long for?

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocko2011 Fri Apr 05 2013, 16:02

his tests came back clear he gets out every hour or 2 4 20 mins.
Rocko2011
Rocko2011

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Apr 05 2013, 16:52

Pleased about the tests that good news. Personally I would forget the pads just back to the garden every 30mins, I am sure he will be back to himself soon Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Apr 05 2013, 17:07

staffie his age should be getting 2/3 walks a day for hour each time

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Apr 05 2013, 17:08

one walk in the morning and one walk afternoon Smile this will fix this problem

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down