Abit worried.

2 posters

Go down

Abit worried. Empty Abit worried.

Post by shazney Wed Apr 03 2013, 23:46

I said to a few on here that i live in a rough part of the city, there are a few chavs with status bully breeds but thats not the problem yet, i found a park with a football court i can lock but i have found two place bruno can escape, thats not the problem, the problem is when i take bruno there early in the morning there is an old man on a mobility scooter who is about 80, nice guy but he has a rescue staf male that is about 12 years and is very aggressive towards male dogs, the dog looks at bruno as if it wants to take his head off, the old man told me his boy has already had to male dogs in a attack, then there is another bloke with a tanned staf bitch and it went for bruno through the court fencing and tried to find a way in, it was snarling and would not go back to the owner when called, i tried to give her a treat and she wagged her tail a little, the guy had to come over and get her and never said a word....now i am worried about other dogs, this makes me anxious, what if bruno got attacked in the certain park. Thanks for listening.
shazney
shazney
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Abit worried. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 10 wks
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Abit worried. Empty Re: Abit worried.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 00:40

I'm afraid that is a concern to us all but all you can do is your best to protect your dog, keeping him on lead, walking where you have a good chance of a peaceful etc.. There are a lot of irresponsible owners out there that allow their dogs to run off lead even if they are aggressive.. Try to not let it ruin your walks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 03:39

All you can do is try your best to keep him safe. How about getting him a long line so you can let him off in an enclosed or unenclosed space? That way he can run around but if you see any dogs, you can call him back to you. Besides that, just try to stay calm. Avoid any dogs (to the best of your ability at least) that seem aggressive, but still let him meet dogs that seem OK (asking the owner first if they're OK, of course), since it's important to not let your fear of him being attacked get him scared too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 08:25

We bought darcy a long line for this reason, now she gets her freedom & I get peace of mind that if a DA dog comes along I can call her back & shes on lead if I need to have control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 10:43

It's a big fear of mine tbh too so you are certainly not alone. I too use a long lead every day and it's an absolute God send, as Logan still gets plenty of freedom but I can feel safe knowing I'm still in total control.

I also make a real point of avoiding areas were I have met trouble making owners/dogs in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Mon Apr 15 2013, 05:19

I have had a 11 foot training lead since he was 16 weeks, i have not took him back to that park, i can't risk it but thanks.
shazney
shazney
Abit worried. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBear Mon Apr 15 2013, 08:35

I understand your worry as my beautiful Honey was attacked and we are currently looking after her and mending her wounds and Im praying this wont turn her into a fearful and aggressive dog!
HoneyBear
HoneyBear
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Honey
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Tue Apr 16 2013, 09:42

Oh no poor honey, grrrr bloody irrisponsible dog owners should be shot, i hope she is ok x
shazney
shazney
Abit worried. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down