racamoe
bullsmommy1
Kathy
Nathan
rescuestaffords
janey
15 posters

Go down

How much do you spend on your dog/s  ?? Empty How much do you spend on your dog/s ??

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:34

Interesting topic as we have people with / without insurance

Feed top / middle / lower end food / raw etc

Buy lots of pressies

At a guess I think it costs me around £80 a month including food and insurance for my 2 dogs , putting aside 5-10 pounds a month for a few toys / treats etc

Another interesting point if any newbies with pups or a recent rescue can put an average figure on the cost of setting up ( please don't include food or insurance as this would be as above)

Back to top Go down

How much do you spend on your dog/s  ?? Empty Re: How much do you spend on your dog/s ??

Post by janey Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:38

About £70 on food and insurance p/m, to include extra vet bills after her arthritis, toys treats leads etc so a lot!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

How much do you spend on your dog/s  ?? Empty Re: How much do you spend on your dog/s ??

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:39

janey wrote:

About £70 on food and insurance p/m, to include extra vet bills after her arthritis, toys treats leads etc so a lot!

But she's worth every penny Love Struck And doing you a big favour on your liver Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by rescuestaffords Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:43

I spend about £190 a month on my dogs

Insurance, food, training classes, toys etc etc

rescuestaffords
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
How much do you spend on your dog/s  ?? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Support total : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:44

rescuestaffords wrote:I spend about £190 a month on my dogs

Surprised how many dogs is that though ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:44

I worked it out to be roughly £50 per month without any toys etc, because I don't really buy much that way.

The occassional thing like a new lead/collar but not very often

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:47

MatLogan wrote:I worked it out to be roughly £50 per month without any toys etc, because I don't really buy much that way.

The occassional thing like a new lead/collar but not very often

Think me and you are a pair of cheapskates Mat with neglected pupsters Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:49

About £80/£90 a month, but £35 of that is insurance (high because of the £5k claimed!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:53

Dave wrote:Think me and you are a pair of cheapskates Mat with neglected pupsters Sad

Lol Dave, I actually thought that before posting and though "will I lie and say more??"

Most of what Logan get's is well priced like JWB, veggies I get from the farms and as anyone that feeds raw meat will say, organs meats cost next to nothing. Not much expense to keep Logan tbh. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rescuestaffords Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:54

Dave wrote:
rescuestaffords wrote:I spend about £190 a month on my dogs

Surprised how many dogs is that though ??

that is for 3 dogs, but they all do different activities, so that all costs money.

rescuestaffords
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
How much do you spend on your dog/s  ?? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:58

So far its been about £150 a month for Alfie, but that includes the mass if vets bills he seems to rack up every month!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Wed Apr 03 2013, 21:00

Now that I have been thrifty and shop around my costs have dropped alot.
for two dogs
£38 on food (dry) 15kg
£15 oiley fish
£23.70 insurance
£4 zinc, vit D and E suppliments
£8 dental sticks (they get half each a night lol)
£88.70 total

I also stick £15 a month away into a doggy slush fund in case i need anything like brushes harnesses etc or an insurance excess (god forbid)
Everything seems so expensive for dogs.... I was looking at a new bed that they could both fit on, forget that they can keep sharing mine.

Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 21:02

rescuestaffords wrote:that is for 3 dogs, but they all do different activities, so that all costs money.

I agree totally , and if I counted in the puppy training for Tommy and the agility for Tilly that would take me to about £130 a month but not counted as they have both finished for the moment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Apr 03 2013, 21:03

When we got Rocky from the rescue centre he cost £150, I then spent a further £240.00 in the shop getting his bed, crate and bits and bobs, as you do.

The following is all approx per month

Insurance - £20 per month
Food - £25 per month
Treats - £10 per month
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 21:09

About £25 between them on insurance and £10-15 on food

and thats it Blushing unless they need a new collar, lead etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 21:13

ella wrote:About £25 between them on insurance and £10-15 on food

For anyone reading this Ella's dogs are on a Raw diet with a massive variation and very well researched Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 21:15

Dave wrote:

For anyone reading this Ella's dogs are on a Raw diet with a massive variation and very well researched Big Grin

And both absolute stunners Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 21:17

MatLogan wrote:
Dave wrote:

Couldn't agree more , so if someone wants to know how to make the money go round and have 2 of the best looking dogs into the bargain then Ella's your girl , but you do have to have a strong stomach I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Apr 03 2013, 21:44

About £50 a month on food and insurance, but if I factor in supplements, skin treatments, toys etc probably looking more like £70. We've also just done a training course and then we've had a lot of vets bills!! Set up costs I would say maybe £100 for bed, bowls, lead, collar, harness etc but I've since upgraded all those plus we're on our 3rd flexi lead!! Basically I spend all my money on Daze, but she's worth every penny Love Struck
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by racamoe Wed Apr 03 2013, 21:48

If you don't include the initial outlay of new bedding , lead collar , injections etc then I reckon we will spend about £55 a month on food , treats and insurance . I haven't included any toys , leads etc , bedding in that .
racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Wed Apr 03 2013, 21:51

About £70 on bulley a month without insurance as he no longer has it. So that's for food, treats and toys
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bulley, major & kaiser
Dog(s) Ages : 10,13 & 5months
Dog Gender(s) : all male
Support total : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 21:52

around £50 seems to be coming out as a good average figure for 1 . I think I probably forget a lot about the times I go out with a fiver or tenner in my pocket and spend it on the dogs or throw a few treats in the trolley at the supermarket and lose it in the rest of the shopping

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Apr 03 2013, 22:03

Dave wrote:around £50 seems to be coming out as a good average figure for 1 . I think I probably forget a lot about the times I go out with a fiver or tenner in my pocket and spend it on the dogs or throw a few treats in the trolley at the supermarket and lose it in the rest of the shopping
I can't go anywhere without buying something for Daisy Laughing
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 22:07

Too much!

Not got insurance yet
Food/ toys/treats/ = £40
Still yet to upgrade food/ begin agility classes/ get insured so the cost will soon be a lot higher

Back to top Go down

Post by racamoe Wed Apr 03 2013, 22:10

I forgot about the cost of classes . I am enrolling Holly in obedience classes so that will prob be an extra £20 per month .... It really does add up doesn't it . I need one of the kids to leave home !! Laughing
racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Wed Apr 03 2013, 22:56

£25 every 6 weeks on food (best i can realistically afford), £15 a month insurance, £10 - £15 every couple of weeks on treats and toys. it helps that tennis balls are 36p each, she goes through quite a few Big Grin

asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by canthavethat Wed Apr 03 2013, 22:56

Too much! Can't seem to leave the house without coming back with another toy or treat doh
canthavethat
canthavethat
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky, Bailey
Dog(s) Ages : March 2011, Feb 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 23:16

Approx. $140au per month which is around 80 pounds

Back to top Go down

Post by ashy Thu Apr 04 2013, 01:31

Hi
Two puppies
42 pound for insurance, 13 pound for dry food, if you dont include the odd chicken and tuna I throw in the trolley
Bout £15 a month on toys /treats.buy working dogs food so no vat and one of the pups is only nine weeks!
Set up for my last pup was £15 for a crate off pre loved site, £4 for a collar, still had bruce young pup lead! £15 vet bed for crate
£10 for toys . £100 injections for life with health check!
Oh and a cuddly toy, good game , good game!

ashy
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bruce and ozzy
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks and 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : male's and
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 03:34

Works out as about £44 for food and insurance a month. But...well, a lot of my money goes on treats and toys, so...quite a bit extra too Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 05:15

MatLogan wrote:
Dave wrote:

Dave wrote:
MatLogan wrote:
Dave wrote:

Couldn't agree more , so if someone wants to know how to make the money go round and have 2 of the best looking dogs into the bargain then Ella's your girl , but you do have to have a strong stomach I dont want to s

Ooooh you two Wink

Haha yes I will say I've spent along long time sourcing the boys food but a strong stomach is most definitely needed!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 05:48

Is it that cheap to feed them in general or do you just know the right people (butchers, etc.)? That's amazing though, varied food for them both, healthy and cheap, couldn't ask for better really Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 05:59

With insurance, food and training I'd say it's equivalent to the 80 Pounds mark-ish. That excludes the fact that a grocery shopping spree usually ends up being a treat spree. Don't buy as many toys any more as they're very happy with plastic bottles; rope toys and boxes to destroy.

But, they are going to need new winter clothes this month. Crying or Very sad And I too never come back from the shops without something for them Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 07:05

RoxysMum wrote:That excludes the fact that a grocery shopping spree usually ends up being a treat spree.

Ah, this is exactly how it is with me Laughing can never have too many treats Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Thu Apr 04 2013, 07:23

Too much here too!

I really don't know, I keep meaning record exactly how long a bag of food lasts! I get a really good deal on the food for buying in bulk, £66 for 25kgs and at a guess, I'd say that it lasts about 6/8 weeks for two dogs.

Then there's wormer every three months, no insurance as we self insure. Salmon oil for Elmo, training treats (the favourite at the moment is a tube of liver paste!), stagbars, posh shampoo, ear cleaner for Rolo (although we only need to use it in the summer) then I'm always buying tennis balls for fetch, various other toys that catch my eye and I'm starting to develop a bit of a collar and harness obsession! Surprised

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 15:25

Tara wrote:Is it that cheap to feed them in general or do you just know the right people (butchers, etc.)? That's amazing though, varied food for them both, healthy and cheap, couldn't ask for better really Smile

It's a case of getting to know the right people, making friends and being cheeky

Like hunters and butchers who save me things or shops where I will try new food out for them.

It helps to be well known as a raw feeder all over the place

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Thu Apr 04 2013, 15:49

I spend maybe £70 a month on food for 3 dogs, £10 on toys/treats, not to much for 3 dogs I don't think Big Grin

Have just forked out £60 for 2 new harnesses for Bailey and Sierra Laughing Blushing
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemystaffies Thu Apr 04 2013, 17:39

Amazing when you work it out !

For two: insurance, food, training, toys etc £125 per month PLUS big wallop expected soon from excess on insurance after spinal surgery on my big boy - well over the £3,000 covered. It's only money !
lovemystaffies
lovemystaffies

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Max and Madge
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 6
Dog Gender(s) : male female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Otissmummy Thu Apr 04 2013, 21:13

Insurance- £16
Vet monthly fee- £10
Food-£20
Treats' clothes, toys etc varies about £20-£30 per month

Otis is spoiled. Me and my friend were talking the other night saying how Otis has more toys than my stepson.
Otissmummy
Otissmummy
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Otis
Dog(s) Ages : 04/08/12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu Apr 04 2013, 21:16

Otissmummy wrote:
Otis is spoiled. Me and my friend were talking the other night saying how Otis has more toys than my stepson.

Laughing
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri Apr 05 2013, 00:31

easily 90€ a month
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down