please help me feed my staffs from scratch not sure how, thanks x

Go down

please help me feed my staffs  from scratch not sure how, thanks x Empty please help me feed my staffs from scratch not sure how, thanks x

Post by lexiepb Sat Mar 30 2013, 12:59

ok so im trying still to help my yeasty girl,
im sick of buying dog food and want to feed her myself
ive bin looking online for recepies and am getting more and more confused as to what and how much they should be eating

as im aiming to help with her yeast thing etc i know no grains no potatoes supposedly no peas and carrots

boiled eggs incl shells are good , garlic and oregarno are good but how much of each ?

should i supplement with powders/ fish oils etc and if so how much of what

i started looking at the raw food post at the very top but had to stop after seeing lamb tongues and whole rabbits (im a vegetarian and theirs only so much i can hack)

im looking for something i can make up like once a week and keep in a big tub in the fridge to give them
im thinking lamb is best im not sure though, i know chicken isant ideal and i read fish should be limited,

so can someone please give me a simple good recepie for my dogs that will help with my dogs yeast

beau weighs about 23kg ozzy about 22 beau is the one with the yeasty paw problem

we really want to try and hit it hard from all angles to combat her feet issue
hypoallergenic tea tree shampoos -if any one can recomend me one
rincing paws with a vinegar, water, peroxide and pepermint mix to help wash her feet
and rincing her a few times a week with a water vinegar pepermint oil rince

also whats the best natural treat, big bones always seem to give them really runny poo

any help is so appreciated i would love to scower this board but i really dont have the time as i have 10 month twins who take up all my time, im speed typing this as it is to get it poasted, so any recepies would be ever so appreciated

Thank you in advance from me and my pooches xx
lexiepb
lexiepb
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Ozzy & BOBO
Dog Gender(s) : boy and girl
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

please help me feed my staffs  from scratch not sure how, thanks x Empty Re: please help me feed my staffs from scratch not sure how, thanks x

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 13:41

You can feed raw of just meat peices and that. Tbf you get a stronger stomach anyway, cause end of the day its your dog.

Back to top Go down

please help me feed my staffs  from scratch not sure how, thanks x Empty Re: please help me feed my staffs from scratch not sure how, thanks x

Post by lexiepb Sat Mar 30 2013, 20:52

could i litterally just give them say meat and eggs ?
cos i can do normal meat i used to eat meat its tongues organs and things like whole rabits i cant do and my husbands more of a whimp than i am lol xx
lexiepb
lexiepb

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 23:28

lexiepb wrote:could i litterally just give them say meat and eggs ?
cos i can do normal meat i used to eat meat its tongues organs and things like whole rabits i cant do and my husbands more of a whimp than i am lol xx

a raw diet HAS to be meat, bones and organs.

You don't need to do whole animals like i do but you MUST include organs, especially liver, kidney etc

Back to top Go down

Post by lexiepb Sun Mar 31 2013, 11:50

i could do liver and kidneys just no tongues and hearts etc

so could you please give me an example of a basic diet, and what sort of bones to give, also wheres best to get this kinda stuff im guessing supermarkets and butchers would end up costing a lot xx
lexiepb
lexiepb

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31 2013, 20:54

You can guy hearts in chunks. TBH they just lock like a square piece of meat. I feed raw but don't feed the whole animal like Ella mainly due to my dog turning his nose up at it. Mort of the meats, bones ets don't look as bad as they sound. I put mine into meal size portions into freezer bags. Meat comes pre cut. All I do is empty the bag into the dogs bowl so you won't even have to touch it apart from when its froozen and even then there just froozen blocks so it doesn't have the feel of meat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31 2013, 21:38

its a shame as beef heart is just about as nutrition as food gets for a dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down