QUESTION:

3 posters

Go down

QUESTION: Empty QUESTION:

Post by sami&bruno Mon Mar 18 2013, 10:57

Will my 8 month old male staffy be fertile?

sami&bruno
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

QUESTION: Empty Re: QUESTION:

Post by johneva Mon Mar 18 2013, 11:07

Strange question to ask, possible yeah depends on whether he has matured yet or not.

Very possible though some are able to at the age of 3 months. 3-10 months is the norm.

Has something happened for you to ask this?

Please tell me your not considering using him for stud? Especially at that age.
johneva
johneva
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 11:18

Breeding at that age could stunt his growth. Ridiculous but yes he would probably be 'fertile' Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 12:11

That's an impossible question to answer. It's certainly possible for an 8 month old to be fertile, but who can say for certain without either mating him (please don't say you already have) or getting him tested by a professional.

Jason wrote:Breeding at that age could stunt his growth. Ridiculous but yes he would probably be 'fertile' Rolling Eyes

It won't stunt his growth! But it isn't advisable, either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 12:12

Reading between the lines, has he been in 'contact' with a bitch?

P.S. Please come and introduce yourself in the New Member Introductions forum - it's always nice to know who we're talking to! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 12:31

He most likely will be, it really isn't a good idea to breed this young though if that is what you are thinking.

My friend had a 7-8 month Rottweiler and left it alone for a short time with his female Boerboel thinking it would be ok. The result was 13 rottie/boerboel pups on Xmas day. Total disaster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 18:44

MatLogan wrote:He most likely will be, it really isn't a good idea to breed this young though if that is what you are thinking.

My friend had a 7-8 month Rottweiler and left it alone for a short time with his female Boerboel thinking it would be ok. The result was 13 rottie/boerboel pups on Xmas day. Total disaster.

Holy shizzle they must have been poweful looking big dogs though lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 18:48

They were gorgeous dogs but because they were crossbreeds they weren't worth much and he got nothing but calls from people asking "would they kill a cat" etc. The last time I spoke to him he still had all of them...

The mother was like 11 stone + if my memory serves me right. Big dog Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 19:12

id have liked one Love Struck i love big rottys, bigger the better (i wanted a rotty not a staff but dad said i could only have a small dog lol but hes a feardy cat, he wont get out of the car if there is a mean looking dog, wheras i jump out and immediately start rolling around on the floor in love)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Mar 18 2013, 19:14

Wow Mat they must have been huge dogs, neither are exactly small are they Laughing

Bet they are an interesting mix though and very good at guarding anything really.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 19:24

Hayley wrote:id have liked one Love Struck i love big rottys, bigger the better (i wanted a rotty not a staff but dad said i could only have a small dog lol but hes a feardy cat, he wont get out of the car if there is a mean looking dog, wheras i jump out and immediately start rolling around on the floor in love)

Same. Originally I was told I could only get a small dog, ie a miniature Pinscher, but persuaded them to let me get a Staff. Ended up with a Staff x Presa Canario, not the smallest dog ever, whoops Laughing. I do love the big breeds though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 19:27

Kathy wrote:Wow Mat they must have been huge dogs, neither are exactly small are they Laughing

Bet they are an interesting mix though and very good at guarding anything really.

The boerboel's are naturally guard dogs apparently and took no training. I love them to look at but it would be too much of a dog to handle physically tbh. The guy I know has massive amounts of land and can get away with it though.

Stunning to look at but not for me to ever own sadly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 19:41

So question for a question Smile

Why do you want to know ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down