Poop indoors...

2 posters

Go down

Poop indoors... Empty Poop indoors...

Post by chrisoc Sun Mar 10 2013, 22:13

ive another situation not my bitch but the fathers pitbull he came from a neglected house old not proven but seems so anyway the father feeds him openly (bowl of food and water there all day) and takes it away at 6 or 7 walks the dog at 9 but we can guarantee every morning to find a big blob of dog poop on the floor any advice ?
chrisoc
chrisoc
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : molly
Dog(s) Ages : 23 months
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Poop indoors... Empty Re: Poop indoors...

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 14:07

Has your father done any sort of house training at all? If so, what has he done?

I wouldn't leave food there all day for him to graze - you have no idea that way when he had the last bit of food & therefore when he's likely to want to relieve himself.

If he's going out at 9pm (I hope that isn't the only walk?) then anything he's had to eat from about mid day won't be ready to leave his system, but it will be ready to leave at about midnight or later! If that's the case, he's got a long wait until the morning & probably can't hold it.

Personally, I'd put half his food down in the morning, about an hour or so after his morning walk, then take him for a walk about 4 or 5pm and feed the other half at about 7 or 8pm. Then maybe a short walk just before bed time.

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisoc Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:55

normally he gets a walk at half 7-8 when he wakes up a walk at 3 or 4 a walk at 7 small out for a * and then out for a walk at 9 or whenever
chrisoc
chrisoc

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : molly
Dog(s) Ages : 23 months
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:59

I think the problem here may well be the food being left down all day - he can graze as and when he likes. If you feed structured meal times you'll get structured poo times!

So, feeding at 9am and 5pm will probably give you poos at around 9pm and 7am.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Wed Mar 13 2013, 08:56

I'm with Caryll, I'd stop the free feeding then if that doesn't work, just go back to basic toilet training (praise and treat when he goes outside) Smile

Galadriel
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 09:33

Where does he sleep? Lola gets up every night about 3am to go to the loo. She sleeps in her cage in our room so we hear her cry for the loo and have to get up and let her out. It's a bit annoying but it's just how her body works. Maybe your Dad's dog is like Lola and if he sleeps downstairs nobody would hear him crying to be out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down