Bleeding

Go down

Sad Bleeding

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 21:34

Alfie sleeps un bed with me and ive noticed a couple of times there has been blood on the sheets wheb ive woke up. Ive checked him over and found nothing so i can only assume its from his bits; whether hes been chewing it i dont know because of his little problem. My mum noticed as well that when he went for a wee once there was a bit of blood - she wasnt sure if it came from inside though. I mentioned it to the vet when i went last and he didnt seem at all concerned, but surely thats not normal??

Back to top Go down

Sad Re: Bleeding

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 21:36

It is possibly due to him being recently neutered. Also, maybe to do with his other condition you had told us about (how you getting on with that btw).

Also, could it def not be from his gums? He's still very young and their teeth can give bother sometimes. Especially if he's been chewing a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 21:39

Really Mat? Even though that was done weeks ago? Well its getting better, sometimes its hardly visible at all but other times its back out so hopefully may improve further with a but more time!

I hadnt thought to check his gums to be honest? Its only happened twice in about 2/3 weeks though? And its not a tiny patch either

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 21:43

Hmmm...Probably not if it's been a few weeks really if I'm honest. Time has flown Surprised . It feel like it was a few days ago you were posting that.

The reason I say gums is sometimes when Logan does excessive chewing his wee gums will bleed ever so slightely. My ex gf's dogs gum would bleed because she had only recently started with a StagBar etc and they weren't used to it.

Never be afraid to ask for another vets opinion though. I've done it several times and had very different responses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 21:46

It could be his gums i guess because the blood isnt really red, it looks like uts watered down (only way i can describe ut) so possible with his saliva? Ill have a look at them in the morning and see if i can see anything. He has been having a good go on his rawhide bone recently so could be from that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 21:47

And yeah it only seems like yesterday since his op Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 21:49

EllieSmith wrote:It could be his gums i guess because the blood isnt really red, it looks like uts watered down (only way i can describe ut) so possible with his saliva? Ill have a look at them in the morning and see if i can see anything. He has been having a good go on his rawhide bone recently so could be from that?

Check that his gums aren't inflamed etc. They'll most likely not show signs of bleeding other than that.

That is my only really idea from what I've had with my lot.

However, if it doesn't seem to be that pop down to the vets again. They can check up on his other condition too.

One thing with rawhide too is try to make sure he doesn't eat much of the bone. It doesn't really get digested and can be hard to pass.

Logan loves his but he doesn't eat it. He just chews and hides them.

Last edited by MatLogan on Thu Mar 07 2013, 21:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 21:52

Ok will do. I just hate the thought of him having something else wrong with him, he hasnt had much luck in his little life bless him.

I know i do keep an eye on him, im buying him a nylabone tomorrow and have ordered him a stag bar so i can get rid of the rawhide because it does play on my mind a bit

Last edited by EllieSmith on Thu Mar 07 2013, 21:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 21:55

EllieSmith wrote:Ok will do. I just hate the thought of him having something else wrong with him, he hasnt had much luck in his little life bless him.

I know i do keeo an eye on him, im buying him a nylabone tomorrow and have ordered him a stag bar so i can get rid of the rawhide because it does play on my mind a bit

I use the rawhide for Hide n Seek with Logan because it works well. But I wouldn't want him eating any. I let him chew it, but when he gets too excited I take it off him.

Nylabones are awesome and the StagBar will make him very happy.

He didn't have a great start but he's doing fantastic now. I think he looks super healthy. And he's getting well treated. Poor fella prolly doesn't know what's goin on yet, he wouldn't be used to it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 21:58

I hope so - spoiled rotten he is! Haha.

Aww thank you, i try and do my best for him - he hasnt been very appreciative though and said thanks or anything the ungrateful thing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 22:00

EllieSmith wrote:he hasnt been very appreciative though and said thanks or anything the ungrateful thing Laughing

You'll be waiting a loooonnngg time for that haha. Logan is exactly the same Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 22:06

I can understand why you're worried Ellie. If it's a little spot of blood, maybe it's not so bad - a scratch or something similar. If it's bigger than a little spot (like when we scratch a gnat bite in our sleep), then try to estimate how much blood loss there was - a teaspoon, tablespoon etc, and whether it looked like neat blood, or diluted with any other fluid. The vet will need to know this.

Personally I would say that any unexplained bleeding needs investigation by a vet. If it only puts your mind at rest, well that would be the best outcome and worth a million $s.

do let us know how it goes Ellie >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 22:31

Oh no, I hope the little fella is okay! I agree with Mat though Smile sometimes when I let ebony have big bones to chew on for a treat every once in a while I have to take them of her after a while since she will relentlessly chew them and it makes her gums bleed too! Maybe just watch what he's eating or how much he's chewing things I guess? Sorry I'm not much help! Hope it gets sorted soon Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 13:47

Lynda wrote:I can understand why you're worried Ellie. If it's a little spot of blood, maybe it's not so bad - a scratch or something similar. If it's bigger than a little spot (like when we scratch a gnat bite in our sleep), then try to estimate how much blood loss there was - a teaspoon, tablespoon etc, and whether it looked like neat blood, or diluted with any other fluid. The vet will need to know this.

Personally I would say that any unexplained bleeding needs investigation by a vet. If it only puts your mind at rest, well that would be the best outcome and worth a million $s.

do let us know how it goes Ellie >Big Grin<

It does look like it is diluted with something! This may sound disgusting and sorry if its too much information but I did have a smell and it doesnt smeel like pee. I dont know whether hes been chewing his bits in the night and making it bleed? Its very strange. Its not every night, maybe once in 2/3 weeks?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 19:50

Ellie, is Alfie neutered?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 19:58

He is lynda yeah, maybe about 5/6 weeks ago

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 20:06

Aha. Kuchar is still entire at the moment, but he does sometimes leak a certain bodily fluid. He's my first male dog so I don't know how long it takes to recover from neutering, but I'm guessing that might possibly be the cause.

Hopefully someone with experience of caring for male dogs after this op can advise?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down