your best reasons for leaving a job?

4 posters

Go down

your best reasons for leaving a job? Empty your best reasons for leaving a job?

Post by asa-james Wed Mar 06 2013, 22:59

just sorting through my old emails and found this little gem...

Please find attached a copy of my letter of resignation, with immediate effect. I have left a signed hard copy in the office.

The reasons for my leaving are many and varied, but all come back to being treated like an idiot, spoken to like a child, and having far too much work put upon as a “controller”. I feel this company isn’t right for me in the professional world. Being labelled as “unprofessional” and “lazy” amongst other things isn’t what I need to hear as an employee, especially from the manager. It is un-motivating, depressing and far from professional. You constantly set new tasks, new situations, new processes when we are struggling to get to grip with those already in place. You say that things are needed daily, without keeping the correct people in the loop. The workload has doubled, if not more, in recent weeks and there has been no move to either reduce the workload or bring in additional help. There are a multitude of tasks to complete, and far from enough time to complete them. You mentioned to me on the phone a short while ago that we are not to leave until tasks are completed, I have a life outside of the company. While I am here I work to my limits, I can do no more, but when I leave I do not enjoy being contacted, by phone or text, regarding business issues. Tasks that are none of my business, that I shouldn’t be dealing with, are put upon myself, forwarded on by people who should be completing these tasks.

You are demeaning, bullying, intimidating, and don’t appear to understand the basic roles of the people you employ.

I appreciate the opportunity you have given me in this company, but again I don’t feel it is right for me, and my time would be better used, and better appreciated, elsewhere.

Asa

that was three years ago, at 11 o'clock shortly before i accidentally emailed it to the whole office, and walked out to handshakes and smiles all round Laughing Laughing

i think i was in a bad mood that day...
asa-james
asa-james
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

your best reasons for leaving a job? Empty Re: your best reasons for leaving a job?

Post by Paul H Wed Mar 06 2013, 23:01

I left a well paid job to go on tour with a band. Best/worst decision of my life (so far).
Paul H
Paul H

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Dog(s) Ages : 1 - 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 40

Back to top Go down

your best reasons for leaving a job? Empty Re: your best reasons for leaving a job?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06 2013, 23:11

Oh cool

I was struggling for words for m new boss , god bless copy and paste Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06 2013, 23:14

I just wish that I had had the courage to send anything like this to a former tyrant of a boss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06 2013, 23:39

Nice letter. I wasn't as educated or as clever so I could come up with was writting W@n&ers on the wall on the way out.
o my spelling has improved Just wish I could go back now and change the @ and the & for an 'a' and a 'k'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06 2013, 23:56

Laughing Hilarious

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Thu Mar 07 2013, 00:15

Haha awesome, I had a bit of a row with an old employer who was giving me grief for getting caught speeding in a company car, this was after being given strict instructions to be very quick, the argument involved him slagging off everyone in the workplace to me and how they all said I should be sacked, the guy was a fat dirty trouble causing poo stirring disgusting excuse of a man, and was unaware that every conversation he had with employees was being recorded on our phones :-) . I got to hear him telling another employee I had a week left and I was getting my notice, I promptly had my toolbox picked up and left right in the middle of an extremely busy day, I also made sure I'd stripped several cars and took half the bolts off each job with me , that really caused him some trouble :-).

A week later I sent him an email along the lines of..
Hi fat c..., I'd just like to apologize for the trouble I caused the day I left and hope it didn't cause too much inconvenience, nah I'm sh***in you I hope it ruined your entire week, the relief I felt when I left was immense and not having to line your pockets for another day gave me so much relief, I'm also pleased my little stunt cost you a lot of money. I also took the liberty of emailing this audio file to the rest of your employees (audio file attached of him slagging them off), I'd also like to bring your attention to the following images (3 images were attached numbered 1-3), Image 1-After 3 days of owning my brand new Snap-on roll cab you thought it would be funny to place your dirty coffee cup on it leaving a dirty coffee ring on the paint, I then overheard you bragging to another employee about how you were taking the * because I was so anal over my box, luckily you still drink your coffee when it's gone cold and as you can see from the image I took the liberty of stirring your coffe, with my penis. Image 2-You constanly accuse people of stealing and call them scum, yet you deem it acceptable to route through our lunch bags and steal chocolate despite having more than enough money to buy your own, the attached image is me taking a very carefully unwrapped kit kat and dipping it in the toilet bowl, I then wrapped it back up and put it back in the bag, this isn't the first time we've boobie trapped food and you've taken it. Image 3 is pretty self explanitory, the foul smell in the toilet cubicle is where I took a dump....top deck. It truly has been a pleasure getting my own back and I only hope the others do the same when they leavr

Believe it or not he called the police and tried having me arrested, when they refused he called them up and told them I'd been threatening him via email and I ended up having my laptop and pc seized, I've made him pay ever since :-)
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
your best reasons for leaving a job? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by wendy1971 Thu Mar 07 2013, 05:51

rolling on the floor
wendy1971
wendy1971
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
your best reasons for leaving a job? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : miley and dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 2 and a half
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07 2013, 08:07

I had the horrible boss too once. He was only one position above me and was a stupid, useless moron so he felt threatened as he was crap at his job.

He rallyed the staff up against me and made false accusations. I spent my entire day, every day fighting to clear my name but eventually did as I recorded it all. After that I got the manager and director into the office and tore strips off them. I then left them and have been wishing bad thoughts upon them all every day since lol.

I took 6 months to myself to chill out and then ended up with a good job. I'd never take that sort of treatment of anyone ever again. It toughens ya up! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down