Another Lovely Walk

2 posters

Go down

Another Lovely Walk Empty Another Lovely Walk

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03 2013, 07:54

Got Loki a Halti harness, and a lead to go with it. You clip one part of the lead to the front, on the chest, and one to the ring between the shoulders. It's a bit big on him (actually, very big) so going to get a smaller size, but anyway...I think it worked very well. We even met a West Highland Terrier and he was pulling towards it obviously, but I didn't 'feel' it, I wasn't dragged at all, so that's great. Obviously I'll still be working on stopping the pulling, but while I'm working on it, it's nice to be in control of it. The dog's owner was nice too, an old Scottish woman asking about his breed and how old he is, and she was saying how nicely behaved he was Big Grin I mentioned beforehand he sometimes gets a bit too playful and can annoy other dogs, but she was talking about how great it is to see a super-friendly, happy dog rather than one that fights. So, pleasant little chat, and I felt better for it because I'm usually really scared of talking to people. So bit of a confidence boost for myself, and also for walking Loki.

Just wanted to share the happiness Laughing

Back to top Go down

Another Lovely Walk Empty Re: Another Lovely Walk

Post by Pollyanna Sun Mar 03 2013, 08:41

I know exactly how you feel Tara and it does make you feel so much better. Nine times out of ten I have solitary walks with people crossing over but every so often someone will stop to pass the time of day, I wish more people would do that - Lily thinks that everyone who passes is a potential friend and doesn't want to miss out on any strokes or treats that may be in the offing. Most people interpret this as she is up to no good. I have ordered a canny collar and waiting for it to be delivered so that my poor back gets a rest. Smile
Pollyanna
Pollyanna
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Another Lovely Walk Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03 2013, 09:09

That's great Big Grin See Loki isn't a >Smile He is a great Staffy representative Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Mar 03 2013, 11:37

It's gives you a great boost to have a good walk, it should be a pleasant experience for both of you. Makes all the difference when you meet some other lovely owners too
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03 2013, 11:37

Sounds great Tara! Logan is guilty too of being too much for other dogs and can annoy them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03 2013, 13:24

again as said above , it always feels so refreshing to have a nice walk experience , when I took Tommy out on his Canny Collar it was such a different experience , and a hands free over the shoulder lead, no growling at other dogs , so Tilly didn't join in and I came back smiling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down