Mummy boy

3 posters

Go down

Mummy boy Empty Mummy boy

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24 2013, 21:02

My mum has been staying for a few nights and she told me that when i leave for work in the morning Alfies not himself. Goes all mopey and goes straight into his crate when i go. What can I say, he loves his mum Big Grin Love Struck

Made me think as well, if I had rehomed him imagine what he would have been like if hes like this when i go to work Sad his forever home is unquestionably with me

Last edited by EllieSmith on Sun Feb 24 2013, 21:06; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Mummy boy Empty Re: Mummy boy

Post by rebeccaleanne Sun Feb 24 2013, 21:05

awwww, thats very sweet! least he using his crate Big Grin

love the updates of alfie Big Grin
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sun Feb 24 2013, 21:20

Oh bless him what a sop, Biscuit's the same, she's such a little bruiser I would have never imagined it but she cries when I leave the room apparently! She's a mummy's girl after all Love Struck Glad that it all worked out and he stayed with you, seems like he's landed on his feet Smile
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Feb 24 2013, 22:43

Goes to show he feels safe in his crate, well done the training is paying off.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24 2013, 23:24

Awww Love Struck It is nice to be loved Big Grin So pleased it is all working out for you and Alfie Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 00:38

Loki's so clingy around me and as soon as he hears my bedroom door open he's up waiting for me...but when I'm gone he doesn't care at all Laughing. Glad Alfie's used to his crate now Smile and thankfully you've still got him and he's still got you Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 08:09

Crate training is working a treat then by the looks of it. Because I spend 90% of my time with Logan apart from work he has a bit of a problem being left with anyone else. My mum says he cries at the door when I leave for a while and tends to just sit at the door quietly after and waits until I come home.

In theory I should work on it a bit more. But I love spending time with him. I'm not very socialable and I'd much prefer to spend time with him Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 11:34

MatLogan wrote:Crate training is working a treat then by the looks of it. Because I spend 90% of my time with Logan apart from work he has a bit of a problem being left with anyone else. My mum says he cries at the door when I leave for a while and tends to just sit at the door quietly after and waits until I come home.

In theory I should work on it a bit more. But I love spending time with him. I'm not very socialable and I'd much prefer to spend time with him Smile

I know I cant believe how well he has taken to it already! Luckily he doesnt cry he just mopes around haha.

Im the same Mat I love being with him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 13:54

Just had my daily update from my mum on how Alfies doing - he was so excited when she first got in and when he realised I wasnt there, hes gone straight back into his crate! Cant wait to get home and give him lots of cuddles!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 13:55

Haha that's great. He's getting into his routine well. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 14:12

I know Big Grin Apparantly he didnt even want a biscuit Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 18:37

Today was the first time mum popped in to alfie and he really wasnt himself. He went outside for a little wee but came back in and started dribbling wee? He then went in his crate and wouldnt come out so mum put a biscuit in there and he didnt even eat it? (Very unlike alf) but when i cane back he was his usual self! Do you think it could be because it wasnt me who came back and he didnt like it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 18:39

Quite possibly. But I don't think it's anything to worry about. He will still be adjusting to things. Tbh he's came on leaps and bounds very very fast. So he might have a wee moment every now and again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 19:17

Thanks Smile you know what im like i worry to death about him haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26 2013, 17:51

He was very strange with my mum again today. He didnt go for a wee but did a little one in his crate? Again he wnt back into his crate when he realised it was my mum. Could it be unsettling him that its her and not me? Should i stop her going round because hea obv not happy to see her? But as soon as i come home hes back to his usual self

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26 2013, 18:07

I would slowly phase your Mum's visits out, but as we chatted before her doing them would have helped him so much. The peeing in his crate was most likely a nervous thing. Maybe cut the visits down to once every 2 days then down to none at all if he manages it.

He's still doing well, keep it up Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down