what we saw in morrisons car park!!

+3
janey
racamoe
rebeccaleanne
7 posters

Go down

what we saw in morrisons car park!! Empty what we saw in morrisons car park!!

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:52

so on Monday morning we popped down to the local Morrisons. on our way out we have to go down the bottom of the car park and we saw this car with its boot wide open and a GS just sat relaxing in the boot, so we wa like awwwww look at that so as a dog owner i thought they wa just putting trolley away so has a quick look round..............and no the owner is at the other end of the car park bringing a trolley full out the super!!!! Surprised

we stopped just after the car and the owner is giving us the thumbs up.................

am still in shock!!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

what we saw in morrisons car park!! Empty Re: what we saw in morrisons car park!!

Post by racamoe Tue Feb 12 2013, 22:40

Crickey that was v risky :0 ... What a well behaved dog though !!!
racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

what we saw in morrisons car park!! Empty Re: what we saw in morrisons car park!!

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Feb 12 2013, 22:49

our thoughts exactly.............we were that shocked that the dog just sat there 'relaxing' he or she didnt look on guard just basically watching for the owner!

but very risky
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Feb 12 2013, 22:49

Maybe just maybe there was another person around keeping an eye! Otherwise what a prat! Stupid prat at that!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 09:46

The thing is with Alsatians, if they are properly trained they are absolutely mindblowingly reliable, but if they aren't trained I'd go as far as say there is no more difficult dog to be around or encounter.

My Dad had 4 well trained Alsatians when he was younger and he said none of them ever had a lead and he lived in a tiny 2 up 2 down house in a built up estate. His Mum, 6 kids and 4 big dogs (busy house). Laughing

I agree though that was a pretty risky/silly thing for the owner to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 09:52

My first border collie would have done that. Not that I'd have tried it, though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 10:02

There are always dogs sitting outside shops with no leads on here. They're always in the bloody way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Wed Feb 13 2013, 10:08

My late dads dogs were very well behaved, always did sit in the back of the cars with boot door open, right on the front drive way, and they never did move either, totally chilled out too they were. But........ a supermarket carpark, thats a no!
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Wed Feb 13 2013, 12:49

Amazing training and most of us can only dream and be jealous of that kind of obedience from our pets, but all i keep thinking is thats fine when the owner is about but it is still an animal with desires and off days. Assuming it was a dog would it of stayed if a bitch on heat strolled past or something similar? I think basic instinct is always a danger but i'm just a misserable jealous old git lol
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Feb 13 2013, 14:53

Surprised Jeez that's a very risky thing to do, OK the dog may well be very well behaved but not everyone walking around is. Could have been tempted away then they have a car and a dog.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 21:14

Surprised not something I would ever risk!

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Wed Feb 13 2013, 21:20

im with you all, if i had not seen the owner giving us the thumbs up i would have pulled over and waited as it would have of played on my mind all day! all it would take would be for some stupid kids to play silly beggers and something serious happen or the dog to go for a little sniff and a car to pull put!

my border colllie was very loyal when we were younger BUT never in a million years could we have had the heart to leave her like that!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Thu Feb 14 2013, 00:29

I used to take my german shepard to work and leave him in the boot with tailgate open, had a decent length lead attached to towbar so he could get out and do his business and stretch his legs, I could see both him and car as my workshop was yards from where I parked, our customers thought it was great that my boss allowed me to take him to work and that he had his bed in the back of the car and freedom to get out if he got to hot, on my breaks I'd let him roam around the garage and walk him on my dinner break, he was a friendly chap all the lads at work would fuss him as they walked past and some regular customers would even bring him treats in and spend time with him while waiting for their car to be fixed, the local butcher would have a bag of meat offcuts and a big bone whenever he came for work, it was really nice to know people trusted him and even thought about him when fetching their cars in for repair, it's a massive shame they don't have the same reaction when it's a staffy in the back though Sad . I'd never have left him in that position at a supermarket or any other public place as people can't be trusted, in the guy you refer to's position I wouldn't have left the tailgate open but the widows would have been down just enough to get his head out.
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
what we saw in morrisons car park!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14 2013, 00:53

..........are you serious?

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Thu Feb 14 2013, 01:15

Hayley wrote:..........are you serious?

Me? or op?

Just to clarify, if it was aimed at me, if it wasn't just disregard this post. By "he would be in the boot" my car at the time was a Mondeo estate with tinted rear windows (just for the dog) and the back seats folded down, the "lead attached to the towbar" was a training lead so he could get right round the car if he wanted, the staff car park had 6 cars in it that didn't move all day and my car was right outside the workshop door, a door that was a massive shutter door and always open, my work area was just inside the workshop meaning I could see and hear him all day by simply looking out the door, he had his chew toys and food bowls to hand and was always getting attention from passing staff or customers, probably every half hour. On my coffe breaks I would let him inti the workshop where he would be fussed by me and my workmates and in my lunch hour I would walk him and and let him back in the workshop while we ate lunch, unfortunately then he would go back to the car as he couldn't exactly stay in the workshop while we were working in there. I was single when I first got him and the alternative was to leave him at home, locked in the house with no walk or interaction for 9hr a day, I thought I was doing the right thing to be honest

Last edited by stig on Thu Feb 14 2013, 01:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
what we saw in morrisons car park!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down