pure breds and registration papers

4 posters

Go down

pure breds and registration papers Empty pure breds and registration papers

Post by danielparry1991 Tue Feb 12 2013, 07:30

what classes a pure bred as a pure bred
& are able to charge so much for them?

do they charge big amounts of money because a blue staffy male is bred with a blue female staffy,

if i where to breed my dog later down the track with another staffy would they be pure breds as my dogs father was a pure bred blue staffy? but his mother was a red staffy

& is there other ways of gettin papers to class hes a pure bred ??? coz i dont have papers for my dog

danielparry1991
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Olly
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks old
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

pure breds and registration papers Empty Re: pure breds and registration papers

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 08:20

Colour doesn't matter. A Staff is a Staff. If the mum is registered and the dad is, then the breeder should've registered the puppies, I don't think you can do it yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 08:47

If the owner hasn't registered the parents then they couldn't register the pups. Yet some people choose to not register the pups even if the parents are registered.

You should never breed a blue male with a blue female as it can cause a lot of health defects.

One colour doesn't mean that they are anymore pure bred than another (except a few colours, black/tan, liver). Having a red Stafford is no less pure bred than a blue Stafford. Blue is more expensive because they are on trend at the moment.

Being pure bred doesn't really mean a lot unless you plan to breed or show your dog and neither of these things are a necessity. I saw your pup in the photo galleries and he is totally beautiful and so were his parents. The rest doesn't matter. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Feb 12 2013, 08:54

you should NEVER bred 2 blue together that bad breeding!

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 09:46

Ok the answer to your question is no.. The mother of your pup is not pure bred staff that is registered so that unfortunately means the same for your pup.

Back to top Go down

Post by danielparry1991 Tue Feb 12 2013, 09:50

MatLogan wrote:If the owner hasn't registered the parents then they couldn't register the pups. Yet some people choose to not register the pups even if the parents are registered.

You should never breed a blue male with a blue female as it can cause a lot of health defects.

One colour doesn't mean that they are anymore pure bred than another (except a few colours, black/tan, liver). Having a red Stafford is no less pure bred than a blue Stafford. Blue is more expensive because they are on trend at the moment.

Being pure bred doesn't really mean a lot unless you plan to breed or show your dog and neither of these things are a necessity. I saw your pup in the photo galleries and he is totally beautiful and so were his parents. The rest doesn't matter. Smile

ahh k thanks for that, im pretty sure the father was registered with papers but dont think the female was,
it all makes sence to me now, i was just abit confused about it all really, as in what classes them as pure breds and why they charge so much. yeh i may see if the breeder i got him of could give me a copy of the papers if he has them, just later down the track i was thinking of possibly breeding my dog

danielparry1991

Status Status :

Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Olly
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks old
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 10:03

A pure breed is a pedigree registered dog and its family tree can also be traced back as pedigree registered.
A non pure breed dog cannot produce a pure breed dog, even if one of the father or mother is pure breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 10:10

danielparry1991 wrote:just later down the track i was thinking of possibly breeding my dog

Please don't. Your dog is beautiful, but there are so many staffords, the world over, that are in rescue centres because the owners of their parents decided to have a litter.

If your dog isn't a registered, pedigree dog, then you shouldn't even consider it. Even some registered dogs just aren't good enough to breed from - I know that sounds harsh & lots of owners of registered dogs will be upset by that, but you should only breed to better the breed, and even then you need to have all sorts of genetic health tests done to ensure that neither the sire nor the dam have any of the genes that pass on things like Hereditary Cataracts and L2-HGA.

Just enjoy him as he is & he'll be a fantastic companion to you for the next 12-15 years! Big Grin Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 10:20

completely agree with caryll.. Leave breeding to proper breeders who sell breed standard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 10:22

I wouldn't breed personally. There is a terrifying amount of Staffords in rescue centres and a further terrifying amount in bad homes.

I'd love the thought of Logan's pups running around the house, and I'd do my very best to raise them well. However, in my heart I'd know that some of them could eventually end up badly treated and it would kill me knowing that.

Plus, breeding dogs is incredibly complicated to do properly and although I'm a good dog owner I wouldn't have the knowledge to do it to a level that the animals deserve.

My plan is to rehome eventually. Smile

Last edited by MatLogan on Tue Feb 12 2013, 10:50; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : pour Spellig LOL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 10:43

Agree. Don't breed unless you know what you are doing and have a long list of good connections and advice givers. Creating life is not just a game.

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/do_i_need_to_breed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 18:13

Can only agree with the majority , leave the breeding to the experts , never put 2 blues together and only breed 2 registered and fully health tested staffords Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Tue Feb 12 2013, 19:12

As has been said, leave the breeding to experts. Way too many Staffies in Rescue, many of them Registered with the KC. It costs money to have a litter, instead why not donate money to Staffy Rescue. That would help a great deal. Wink
Panda
Panda
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by buddy boy Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:38

Hi matt
sorry but have to disagree on the black and tan, well red actually as tan is accepted in the breed standard, the liver is not accepted as a colour but still gorgeous staffies, obviously the eyes should match the coat and a dudley nose is not acceptable in the show ring
buddy boy
buddy boy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 1 years
Dog Gender(s) : 2 dogs 1 bitch
Support total : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:45

Black/tan isn't excepted. It is quoted as "highly undesirable". It is by far my favourite colour though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:46

buddy boy wrote:sorry but have to disagree on the black and tan,

Nothing to disagree on, really, as black & tan is an undesirable colour in the Stafford & denotes the introduction of 'foreign' blood somewhere down the line. A black & tan will never win anything in the show ring, even if it's perfect in every other way.

Back to top Go down

Post by buddy boy Tue Feb 12 2013, 22:05

Sorry forgot to say about breeding, there are so many things that can go wrong, The bitch can die during labour, or need a caesarian, the bitch can die during this and is very expensive. Then it is the injections worming feeding of the puppies. You never make money out of breeding, look in the breed supplement the amount of "blue" puppies registered every month is amazing. Personally I never have and never will breed, my babies are just that my babies, and I would never put any of them at risk. Plus which if you do not have your bitch spayed you run the risk of pyrometia, a very serious infection in the womb, which is frequently fatal, sorry but just say it as it seems to me, hope this helps in some small way , and i totally agree with all the above, met a tiger stafford once different but a staffie, love them all colour is nothing, i do not show nor breed anyway tummy tickles to all staffies out there lol
buddy boy
buddy boy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 1 years
Dog Gender(s) : 2 dogs 1 bitch
Support total : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 23:10

Caryll wrote:
danielparry1991 wrote:just later down the track i was thinking of possibly breeding my dog

Please don't. Your dog is beautiful, but there are so many staffords, the world over, that are in rescue centres because the owners of their parents decided to have a litter.

If your dog isn't a registered, pedigree dog, then you shouldn't even consider it. Even some registered dogs just aren't good enough to breed from - I know that sounds harsh & lots of owners of registered dogs will be upset by that, but you should only breed to better the breed, and even then you need to have all sorts of genetic health tests done to ensure that neither the sire nor the dam have any of the genes that pass on things like Hereditary Cataracts and L2-HGA.

Just enjoy him as he is & he'll be a fantastic companion to you for the next 12-15 years! Big Grin Love Struck
Yes, I have to agree with Caryll. Just an example. Kenny is a registered dog, nice pedigree. We had loads of people ask to use him at stud. Now, when i got Kenny, I was told he was health tested. I didnt have a clue about any of these things. So, people kept asking. We weren't sure we wanted too, as he's a pet. I got advice on studding, just the usual things. I was told to check his papers for these tests, and sadly, He was only L2 Clear. There were no other tests. So we tested, not because we decided to go for it, but if we did at a later date, we would know Kenny's health status. So off i went and got him PHPV tested. He came back "Affected". That was our minds made up. No breeding EVER. If Kenny did mate his pups WOULD be PHPV Affected, and there's no way of knowing how badly his pups would be affected. I could never allow for this to happen. I just love the Breed far to much. Breeding should be about "To Better the Breed", and to breed from affected or untested dogs is not Bettering the breed. If i were you, I'd just enjoy your dog, and leave the breeding be. Smile
By the way, stunning dog Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down