Pope to resign

4 posters

Go down

Pope to resign Empty Pope to resign

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 13:26

Is that even allowed?

i love how devoted the catholic church is, but there has been a lot of modernisation of it, which in my view shows slight weakness but maybe thats just me :/

http://news.sky.com/story/1050513/pope-benedict-resigns-vatican-confirms

Back to top Go down

Pope to resign Empty Re: Pope to resign

Post by Steve Mon Feb 11 2013, 13:31

it's dont think its down to ill health i will put money on him doing something dodgy and they trying to cover it up by saying it because of his ill

Last edited by Steve on Mon Feb 11 2013, 13:43; edited 1 time in total

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 13:41

Steve wrote:it's down to ill health i will put money on him doing something and they trying to cover it up by saying it because of his ill

I don't think there is any cover up, he is very old, but i always assumed that they just did it until they die lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:04

It is usually a job for life, have heard on the radio he is in ill health, who knows ??
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:09

If they say he's in ill health, I'm inclined to believe it, though I don't really know if I agree with his resignation because of it. Pope John Paul II was in terrible health, but he stayed with it until he died. Having said that, he is old and the job is physcially, as well as mentally, demanding. If he feels that he isn't doing his position justice, I understand why he's stepping down.

Eh. Not an easy job, I'd imagine!

We should also remember that he's 85 - one year older than Pope John Paul II when he died. Considering that, I'm not surprised he's in ill health.

Last edited by Eleanor on Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:18

Steve wrote:it's dont think its down to ill health i will put money on him doing something dodgy and they trying to cover it up by saying it because of his ill

Looking at recent pictures, he does look like his health has deteriorated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:31

Steve wrote:it's dont think its down to ill health i will put money on him doing something dodgy and they trying to cover it up by saying it because of his ill

He's 85 and has been in very poor health for a couple of years. Not everything is a cover up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:35

What annoys me is that some people are being so disrespectful about it. They don't have to follow the religion, but making cheap wisecracks about Catholicism is pathetic and immature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:39

but they do cover a lot of things up like pedos and other things

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:45

Steve wrote:but they do cover a lot of things up like pedos and other things

I know, but that doesn't mean that Pope Benedict did any of that! Please don't be disrespectful of others' religions. I know the Catholic Church needs a kick up the backside, but it isn't Pope Benedict's fault.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:47

Not even going to continue with this. Already know what'll happen. I'm out!

wave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:48

Will just say this one thing - compare the paedophilia claims with aggression claims from bully breeds. The minority give a bad reputation for the rest. A small handful of dogs may be aggressive, which is what gives a lot of bully breeds a bad name. A handful of priests may be paedophiles, which gives the entire group a bad name. Neither one is fair.

All I'mma say on the subject. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:51

Eleanor wrote:Not even going to continue with this. Already know what'll happen. I'm out!
wave
Eleanor wrote:Will just say this one thing - compare the paedophilia claims with aggression claims from bully breeds. The minority give a bad reputation for the rest. A small handful of dogs may be aggressive, which is what gives a lot of bully breeds a bad name. A handful of priests may be paedophiles, which gives the entire group a bad name. Neither one is fair.

Well said.

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:56

Caryll wrote:
Eleanor wrote:Not even going to continue with this. Already know what'll happen. I'm out!
wave
Eleanor wrote:Will just say this one thing - compare the paedophilia claims with aggression claims from bully breeds. The minority give a bad reputation for the rest. A small handful of dogs may be aggressive, which is what gives a lot of bully breeds a bad name. A handful of priests may be paedophiles, which gives the entire group a bad name. Neither one is fair.

Well said.
Agreed, intelligently put
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:58

im proberbly one of the least religuise people going. But if someone not in good health i know it unheard of in 600 years and they feel they need to step down fair be it. As the people that matter (as it there beleif)have pointed out and admitted the cathlic church needs a kick up the bum. Surely it will be better someone in good health and upto the job running the show thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:59

I'm not getting in a huge debate but i wouldn't leave my kids alone with any type of religions!

if they not beating them with a stick they are touching them up I dont want to s

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 16:01

Steve wrote:I'm not getting in a huge debate but i wouldn't leave my kids alone with any type of religions!

if they not beating them with a stick they are touching them up I dont want to s

That is extremely unfair and untrue. When have you been beaten with a stck by a priest? When have you been touched up by a priest. If you can't post on this topic without bigotism don't post.

I'm leaving this thread alone, now because I have no intention of having another row with you Steve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 16:05

Steve wrote:I'm not getting in a huge debate but i wouldn't leave my kids alone with any type of religions!

as may it be but you cant tar all with the same brush thats your view not to leave your kids(when you have some )in a religuse setting nobody would force you to either Smile .
I dont know jack about any churches and i dont care to and nether would i say derogatery comments about things i dont know full facts about Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Feb 11 2013, 16:09

I saw TV shows about muslims leader beating kids with ksticks & i have seen to many priests on the news for abusing kids for like 40 odd years that fact not something i made up

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 16:14

muslim and cathlics are differant you know steve Tongues
people wont disagree it went on but you still cant say just becouse they are part of that religine they will have partisapated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 16:19

Modernisation is sometimes needed. I mean, you can either roll with the times and face people's comments about it, or stick to the letter and be like Islamic countries where everything is very strict. Has to be a balance, I suppose, moving into modern times without neglecting what people believe to be the foundations of the religion.

As for the pope resigning, I didn't think that was allowed, thought it was for life, considering all the popes are pretty old. Still, if ill health is going to stop him doing what he thinks his duties are, then it makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Mon Feb 11 2013, 17:06

Tara wrote:Modernisation is sometimes needed. I mean, you can either roll with the times and face people's comments about it, or stick to the letter and be like Islamic countries where everything is very strict. Has to be a balance, I suppose, moving into modern times without neglecting what people believe to be the foundations of the religion.

As for the pope resigning, I didn't think that was allowed, thought it was for life, considering all the popes are pretty old. Still, if ill health is going to stop him doing what he thinks his duties are, then it makes sense.

I agree about the modernization, balance is very important. As a Nurse Aid, I worked in geriatrics for a living (now I'm going to school to be a registered Nurse) Sometimes at 85 years old your body acts more like 105 years old. Every single persons body is different. My 91 year old Grandfather is in better shape than the Pope ( he still goes for 3 walks a day) I guess what I'm trying to point out is, that maybe the physical demand for him to stand during a service is too much for his body to handle. Maybe, privately he's losing control of all of his bodily functions. Either way, it's between him and God.
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Pope to resign Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Mon Feb 11 2013, 17:09

I will say that this is extremely interesting. Not something I'd ever thought about witnessing. Because I too was always in the understanding that they died the pope.
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Pope to resign Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 10:31

The Pope has retired because he feels he can't perform the job properly because of his ill health which to me is admirable. I find it really offensive and disrespectful when people make disparaging remarks about the Catholic church especially tarring all Priests as Paedophiles. Catholics have been villified for centuries and hounded for their beliefs. Like Eleanor said it is the same mentality as those who assume all Bully breeds are 'devil dogs'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 10:50

I don't think ole white beard was too happy! Did you see that bolt of lightning!!

Pope to resign A+lightning+strikes+St+Peter's+dome+at+the+Vatican+on+February+11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down