Just a small update on Max and his muzzle

3 posters

Go down

Just a small update on Max and his muzzle Empty Just a small update on Max and his muzzle

Post by Kimb&MooMan Tue Feb 05 2013, 18:56

So I've put the muzzle around max this morning for an hour and again at about 3 for 2 hours, he's been getting loads of praise for it, both times where he has the muzzle around him I every now and then put the muzzle infront of his face and gave him a treat for not reacting badly and praised him lots Smile
About 10 minutes ago I did the same I put the muzzle in front of his face and as he moved his head I moved with it with out forcing the muzzle on, and he put his face in himself Big Grin he got a treat with it on and loaaaaads of praise and has been told he's such a good boy, never seen him wag his tail with a muzzle on Big Grin, it's a small update, but I thought I'd share!
We shall see later how he is with it properly on as we have my partners brother over later ( unfortunately Max isn't use to him properly yet ) but he will be getting lots of fuss later on!
I hope you don't mind but I'd like to keep updating you guys on his progress not only with the muzzle but with his fear/aggression training Smile

Kimb&MooMan
Kimb&MooMan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Just a small update on Max and his muzzle Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Little man
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Just a small update on Max and his muzzle Empty Re: Just a small update on Max and his muzzle

Post by Kimb&MooMan Tue Feb 05 2013, 18:57

Sorry I mean I've put the muzzle around Max's neck ( as it has straps for it ) not his face lol
Kimb&MooMan
Kimb&MooMan

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Just a small update on Max and his muzzle Empty Re: Just a small update on Max and his muzzle

Post by kateIrl Tue Feb 05 2013, 20:03

very good news Smile i hope youll be totally good with everthing Wink and solve all Max problems Wink
kateIrl
kateIrl
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 22months
Support total : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Feb 05 2013, 21:51

Sounds positive and steps in the right direction, how is the training going? Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06 2013, 02:08

Definitely keep us updated, and glad to hear you're making progress with the muzzle, well done to you and Max Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimb&MooMan Wed Feb 06 2013, 07:00

well, last night didnt go well at all lol
when my partners brother turned up Max ran up to him, jumped on him and just starting attacking, im so GLAD he had his muzzle on, it was quite upsetting because last time Max let him pet him and last night it turned out completely different,
i decided to just put him on the lead and take the muzzle off and his whole body language was completely different straight away, Max was completely relaxed, laying on his side, rolling around etc, i think the muzzle really doesnt help and makes him feel really insecure.
trouble is I cant not use a muzzle, so ill keep on training him with it Smile it'll take a while but thats just what happens. I guess itll be trial and error for a while but im still feeling very positive even though with what happened last night, but he had his muzzle on, my partners brother was fine and still stayed for his dinner lol, so i wont dwell Smile
Kimb&MooMan
Kimb&MooMan

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06 2013, 08:09

Must be really hard Sad but you'll get there. I mean, I think with everything, you can expect a few off-days or moments where it seems like their progress has been erased, but it hasn't. It sounds like Max is doing well with the muzzle, so probably just have to keep up with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by kateIrl Wed Feb 06 2013, 11:06

don't give up any time that something wrong happen , it can be a very long way until you'll get there with Max I believe in you, stay strong and keep training Wink
kateIrl
kateIrl

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 22months
Support total : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09 2013, 14:47

It will take a while for Max and there will be the odd hitch but you will get there Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down