thinking of second dog in the future

+2
janey
Taryn
6 posters

Go down

thinking of second dog in the future Empty thinking of second dog in the future

Post by Taryn Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:25

with the options of going back to aus, this has left me open to the idea of once we're settled of getting a friend for Romeo. I going for a shelter dog this time, and a dog, no pups i'm afraid.
while looking through sites from my state of choice i noticed... there are very few on there, and almost all of them male and listed as not a two dog kind of dog.
Male or female, its all the same normally to romeo. i would love to have a little lady... because of the girly collars and such, but for me in the end its romeo who picks who comes home with us, and... he does ever so like the ladies.
i realised that there are many staffords needing homes in states next door... ie NSW and VIC. i wonder if they would ever concider an interstate adoption?

this would be my offering list.

• Dog would be strickly inside dog, only outside when with some one or walking.

• Dog would be living with friendly mellow, female submissive male

• If female, she would be desexed at nearest opitunity because Romeo is an unaltered male

• dog would be with exsperianced stafford owner

• would be living with a running addict me and romeo run everyday (not right now since he is healing)

• willing to take on more challangeing dog, or much older dogs

• i believe in reward based training only

I was actually thinking of taking on a special needs dog one day. Romeo is not trained to vocal comands, all his comands are in sign language... only his recall is verbal... and when i saw this baby... i thought... oh how i want her http://www.staffordrescuevictoria.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=5 but i honestly hope she gets adopted before i get to australia since i wont be there till september and probally wont take another dog for many months until i have everything settled with me and Romeo first. She looks a bit more Amstaff to me, but thats fine, we dont have BSL in SA.
wait until this time next year... i'll be hearing 8 paws on the floor and be sleeping on a fifth of my bed

Last edited by Taryn on Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:31; edited 1 time in total
Taryn
Taryn
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

thinking of second dog in the future Empty Re: thinking of second dog in the future

Post by janey Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:29

Not trying to put a downer on things, but get yourself and Romeo settled and then consider future plans Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

thinking of second dog in the future Empty Re: thinking of second dog in the future

Post by Taryn Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:33

no i know that, i was just pondering away since if we leave... romeo will be right torn about leaving behind his GF Matilda the little black/brindle staff.
i wont be there until september most likely, i wouldnt even attempt to get a nother baby until i was fully settled in... but its a nice thought to entertain
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:36

Once you are settled I know that Staffy Rescue in NSW will do interstate transfers also P&H also will consider it if there is a suitable home found Big Grin

http://www.staffyrescue.org.au/

http://www.pawsnhooves.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:44

ohhh just had a poke, there are some stunners. how they are homeless i'll never know
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:51

I know they are gorgeous.. I love Ruffy at Staffy Rescue, poor baby has been there for a year Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:57

And what about Rogue Love Struck Love Struck She is gorgeous

http://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/213186

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri Jan 25 2013, 10:44

luckily Rogue just got a new home it says Big Grin
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25 2013, 10:48

It will be good for Romeo and the lucky dog you rescue. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Jan 25 2013, 16:16

I hope it all goes well for you Taryn, I'm sure you would not rush into anything and wait until you and Romeo are happily settled before adding to your family.

Just had a look through the rescue centre links above, amazing how they are all so full of character and very individual, always sad to see them in rescue though.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26 2013, 00:22

Taryn wrote:luckily Rogue just got a new home it says Big Grin

Yay Big Grin She is a little cutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Sat Jan 26 2013, 00:27

When you are ready, you will know and you can shout "let the games begin!" Never a dull moment with more than one staff. Sometimes I wish for dull moments... Big Grin
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sat Jan 26 2013, 09:37

good luck we took Dylan on 5-6 weeks ago a he was under weight and his muzzle/head was scarred from fighting. Now he is a healthy lad full of energy and so so loving. We would never part from either of them now. Smile
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sat Jan 26 2013, 09:40

Wendy and Mark wrote:good luck we took Dylan on 5-6 weeks ago a he was under weight and his muzzle/head was scarred from fighting. Now he is a healthy lad full of energy and so so loving. We would never part from either of them now. Smile
That was a roller coaster of emotions, he was under weight Sad , then his muzzle scarred Smile Crying or Very sad ,now healthy applause applause ,never part Love Struck Love Struck dance love it
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sat Jan 26 2013, 12:59

Cassie would love a little staffy pup to run around with, i see so many lovely pictures of pups on here an i get all teary eyed day dreaming i want one. But then i think ok rescue one yay Big Grin , then i think cost of feeding,bedding,vets and insurance boo Sad. And Cassie is happy with us as is and it's ME that wants it. But if 2 months down the line i can't afford all the responsible things then i may have to rehome a pup Sad that i may of denied a forever home to Sad and that would make me what i hate most. So now i have thoroughly depressed myself and anyone reading this....
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sat Jan 26 2013, 23:57

the thing is this is a thought on the wind right now. romeo is really not a loner, he likes some doggy company when he can get it, and he doesnt get it very often... and really... whats one more. yeah the bills are bigger but i think the work load will be pretty much the same
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27 2013, 00:28

Glad it's just a thought on the wind right now Taryn. First steps first - get you and Romeo to Oz and settled, then see. One dream at a time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sun Jan 27 2013, 12:02

ah but one can dream Love Struck
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down