Being a little terror!!

2 posters

Go down

Being a little terror!! Empty Being a little terror!!

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:14

We have had our 11 month old pup Alfie for a couple of weeks now. He is not yet toilet trained but does pee on paper (however he poops on the carpet! Crying or Very sad ) For the first few days he was a little terror dragging everything off the coffee table when we were asleep and chewing all of our coasters etc! He has stopped this for a few days now and we thought we had cracked it! But no, he has started to drag everything off again in the night. Unfortunately the whole of downstairs is open plan therefore can not shut the door to the front room.

I was thinking abotu getting some chew spray or spraying some vinegar on these things, will this work? Also, any tips on the toilet training would be great! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Being a little terror!! Empty Re: Being a little terror!!

Post by Billybunter Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:28

The toilet training is all about consistant and patience everytime you see him about to pee/poo in the house try and getting out. When he does do it outside praise praise and more praise. If he does have accident in the house don't make a big thing about it just make sure you give a good cleaning. He should soon get it. Make a big fuss when he is out and does his buisness

Billybunter
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:30

The toilet training is the easy bit! Take him outside into the garden every hour & if he pees/poos give him lots of praise. If he goes inside don't say a word, just clean it up. He'll soon realise that outside means praise & maybe a treat & inside means nothing at all. Make sure you clean up with a good cleaner that will take all scent of pee away - a solution of biological washing powder or liquid will do the job!

With the rest, have you thought about getting a crate for the night time? What's he like when you go out & leave him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:32

Well we both work so we dont actually see him peeing in the house. He is fine when we leave him, in the day we keep him in the kitchen with a baby gate otherwise the house would be ruined! He has his bed in there and toys etc and just pees on newspaper which isnt TOO bad. At night he has the run of downstairs as I thought locking him in the kitchen in the day AND night would be too much for him? When we go to bed he is just lay on the sofa so he obviously starts "playing" when we are asleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:55

Might be a good idea to invest in a crate for night time at least. So long as it is not used as a punishment but as a retreat he should be fine with it. Just use some treats to entice him in there, then he could have a bed in there too, nice and comfy.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23 2013, 16:05

I thought about a crate, however, I dont think he would use it, he cant bear to be away from us, if we leave the room he follows etc and I think he would whine all night?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Jan 23 2013, 16:08

Could you not have the crate in your room ??
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23 2013, 16:09

I could do yes, would this calm him down or would it irritate him more if he could see me and not get to me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down