joint supplement (please move post if im in the wrong spot)

4 posters

Go down

joint supplement (please move post if im in the wrong spot)  Empty joint supplement (please move post if im in the wrong spot)

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Jan 22 2013, 21:47

my big lads seems to be a little stiff at times, im sure the weight is not helping but taking that in hand. When we were on our walk this evening we went out with my sister and her little staff so they were running round like looneys so after a while i noticed him limping slightley so put him back on his lead to so he wouldn't do any more damage. Can any one please recommend a joint supplement or an after care for when he been on walks i.e massage or anything as of course he is tired afterwards wants to sleep then wakes up all stiff and looking more like ten years instead of 4 years old!!!

Sad
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

joint supplement (please move post if im in the wrong spot)  Empty Re: joint supplement (please move post if im in the wrong spot)

Post by janey Tue Jan 22 2013, 21:49

Moo is on Yumove, she has arthritis (only 4ish) and after trying a few things I find it helps Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

joint supplement (please move post if im in the wrong spot)  Empty Re: joint supplement (please move post if im in the wrong spot)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22 2013, 21:49

I give Dempsey Yumove (and I think Janey gives it to Moo as well). Seems to help.

http://www.lintbells.com/online-store/1/yumove?gclid=CNy0qOT4_LQCFUId3godzX8A9w

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Tue Jan 22 2013, 21:52

Would hydrotherapy help?
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 20.04.12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Jan 22 2013, 21:58

i feel like having a breakdown at the moment, he just seems to be in the wars had to bathe his dew claw as well today opposite leg to the limping one. Thats the size of a balloon, red and angry!!

Just reading up on those tablets, may have a trial, did you see a change in moo? do you just give them to Dempsey as a supplement?

I have to go to the vets this week for his jab so going to ask to check him over. feel very sad tonight as he doesn't look great :-<
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Jan 22 2013, 22:01

cesca1 wrote:Would hydrotherapy help?

Just read up on this, when i had horses a knew a few people who had had this for there horses and it had worked.
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jan 22 2013, 22:02

No dramas my lovely, Moo's arthritis took a few weeks to diagnose and then yes yumove has helped after trying other natural treatments, well for me anyway. She has now split her front claw, its gone blue and is rather nasty, so we're leaving it another day to see if vets are needed. 1 thing after another with her. But you get through it XxXx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Jan 22 2013, 22:11

janey wrote:
No dramas my lovely, Moo's arthritis took a few weeks to diagnose and then yes yumove has helped after trying other natural treatments, well for me anyway. She has now split her front claw, its gone blue and is rather nasty, so we're leaving it another day to see if vets are needed. 1 thing after another with her. But you get through it XxXx

Only place he wants to be is in ryans room in his little bed he gets made up on a night, could hardly get up the stairs but he will stay there now till the morning (not good for his legs but least he happy). And thank you Smile think may try the tablets xx
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22 2013, 22:13

as well as yumove you could try mobile bones Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Jan 22 2013, 22:23

ella wrote:as well as yumove you could try mobile bones Smile

Thank you just googling now Smile
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23 2013, 08:40

My gf's Stafford has been on Yumove for the past month since Janey advised it back then. Her dog has arthritis too. It seems to be working great. We also got glucosamine treats from Pets at Home.

As well as that no strenous exercise and lifting her in and out of the car. She has been a lot happier since.

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Wed Jan 23 2013, 10:47

MatLogan wrote:My gf's Stafford has been on Yumove for the past month since Janey advised it back then. Her dog has arthritis too. It seems to be working great. We also got glucosamine treats from Pets at Home.

As well as that no strenous exercise and lifting her in and out of the car. She has been a lot happier since.

Think i am going to try these Yumove and see how i go. Thnk you
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jan 23 2013, 10:52

Have a look on ebay, thats where I buy them Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Wed Jan 23 2013, 11:17

janey wrote:

Have a look on ebay, thats where I buy them Xx

Wow big price differance, think I will get them ordered for him and see how they go. He not as stiff this morning but think am going to to do flat walking on the lead for a week or so Sad but thanx janey x
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Jan 23 2013, 11:42

If it's an option, and only if, you may want to consider changing what you feed to Tyke.

We feed Rocky Barking Heads which contains a supplement of Hip & Joint Care Glucosamine 350 mg/kg, MSM 350mg/kg, Chondroitin 240 mg/kg. Of course it's not an option to all just an idea, something to consider.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Wed Jan 23 2013, 11:51

Kathy wrote:If it's an option, and only if, you may want to consider changing what you feed to Tyke.

We feed Rocky Barking Heads which contains a supplement of Hip & Joint Care Glucosamine 350 mg/kg, MSM 350mg/kg, Chondroitin 240 mg/kg. Of course it's not an option to all just an idea, something to consider.

Yes, this another thing i am wanting to address, dog food. As he needs to diet as the extra weight is not helping his joints. We have always fed him the same (not saying which as people may laugh haha not the worst but not the best) just reading up on the one you have have reccomened Smile Thank you
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down