Too quiet for my liking

2 posters

Go down

Too quiet for my liking  Empty Too quiet for my liking

Post by saffi28 Fri Jan 04 2013, 15:01

I am not sure many people would see this as a problem, more a delight, but it is just not my Roxie.

Roxie has always been sensitive and has never liked load noises, etc, but she has always been a bundle of fun, so mischievous and always wanting to play. However, she is now so quiet and reserved it is like she has lost all her spirit.

She has just turned 4 so it may be that she has just suddenly grown up but I am not sure whether to attribute it to the fact on 4 October she ran after a deer and was missing for five whole days. I must admit that was possibly the worst five days of our lives until she turned up, very very skinny but still with her collar and harness on and not particulary dirty bearing in mind she was lost in the countryside and it rained almost continuously for the whole time?? We will never know where she was for all that time, we lived in the area night and day looking for her and she suddenly just turned up stuck in a fenced off paddock in the area that she went missing??

She has now gained all her weight and again looks the picture of health. Still gets excited about going out and plays with me and Maisey like she always has when on our walks. However, when at home she no longer pesters the hell out of visitors and she seems to spend most of her time upstairs. She used to sleep on our bed but suddenly took to sleeping on the floor next to our bed so I have now bought her a big soft bed to sleep in. My worry is that she just spends most of her time up there and just creeps around the house. Even the cats have noticed the difference?? I have also noticed she seems to quake for no apparent reason.

She is still very loving and when not upstairs enjoys a snuggle on the sofa with us all but I am missing my naughty but lovely 'girl'.

Should I be worried?

saffi28
saffi28
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Roxie (Rocker Dog) and Maisey
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 5 and a half
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Too quiet for my liking  Empty Re: Too quiet for my liking

Post by janey Fri Jan 04 2013, 16:33

I'm not really sure why the sudden change of behavior, I wouldn't be concerned so to speak as she is happy and healthy. Not sure what to suggest >Big Grin<
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04 2013, 18:04

saffi28 wrote:Should I be worried?

Yes, but not unduly.

I think she's had a trauma which she'll need time to get over. You'll probably never know what she went through or where she was, but obviously she was scared!

Give her time. Let her relax & find her feet again. Don't reassure her, just act as if she's never been away. She'll come through it.

Poor girl, I bet she was as scared as you were! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04 2013, 19:21

Hope she is feeling more old self soon , you must thank your luckystars that you found her though, unfortunately when our dogs get lost there are more often than enough other reasons , so you are very lucky Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by saffi28 Mon Jan 07 2013, 08:48

Thank you all for your reassurances. We will give her as much time and love as is needed.
saffi28
saffi28

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Roxie (Rocker Dog) and Maisey
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 5 and a half
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down