Irresponsible Owners.

3 posters

Go down

Irresponsible Owners. Empty Irresponsible Owners.

Post by shazney Fri Jan 04 2013, 01:27

I am so mad at them, this is the second staffy i have ended up having due to irresponsible owners, my old girl jessa who died was properly neglected and i rescued her from the owners and ended up having to take her for monthly vet visits due to skin conditions, now i have Bruno who i had for 2 days, his first owner sold him for £150 on a website (which i don't agree with) and his second owners really tried but their two dogs never took to him so now i have him and i really hope it works out, had some tears about how i will cope but i am going to do my best for this little man, i just wish people would think twice before breeding dogs like staffys grrrrr as it seems there are alot of staffs in shelters these days due to overpopulation of the breed and i hate to see any animal suffer, rant overrrrr I dont want to s
shazney
shazney
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Irresponsible Owners. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 10 wks
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Irresponsible Owners. Empty Re: Irresponsible Owners.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04 2013, 02:41

Why did you get him if you weren't sure how you'd cope? Not to sound harsh or anything, not my intention, just that obviously a puppy is a big responsibility, and I know you wanted to give him a loving home after already going through two owners, but it's a big decision still. Hope it works out, and of course everyone here will be able to give you advice if you have any struggles Big Grin. Unfortunately, there are lots of Staffs in shelters...probably half or over half of them are Staffs or Staff crosses. I don't understand why people would get a Staff in the first place if they have issues with the breed. Oh, and he's gorgeous by the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04 2013, 02:53

Personally I think getting a dog should be as big a decision as getting pregnant and having babies. Other font think so because they're self obsorbed. I lost my two older dogs over a year ago and I have always intended gettin another one but its just never been the right time. Had I been an irresponsible owner I would have got a dog and just got on with it. As it is I won't be thinking about one until after April when I come back from a holiday.

God luck with your new pup I hope we can all help you and him have a great life x

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Fri Jan 04 2013, 03:02

Oh, i just had abit of anxiety today about the situation, i have had only a few hours sleep since i got him because i was worried he was not breathing at night, like a child i guess, luckily i won't be doing the caring on my own as i have a partner....i think i just need a good nights sleep, i am a responsible pet owner thats a fact, it's just that i wanted to wait a few more months before i got a dog but he came early.

Thanks for the advice :-)
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04 2013, 06:35

Well done on giving him a home , sure you will do your best for him and thats all you can ask for . As said above we are always here for advice or a chat Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Fri Jan 04 2013, 06:40

Well done for taking a rescue dog we have had 2 dogs now for just over a week and a half. It is hard at first when they are getting to know each other but it should get a bit easier as the pup grows. Good luck Smile
Mark
Mark
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jan 05 2013, 19:21

You have done the right thing and come and ask for help, not many people would think to do that. This is the best place to come and have a rant and it does make you feel better once you get it all out of your system.

I'm sure things will get better for you once you are all in a routine, good luck.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Sat Jan 05 2013, 21:18

Thanks kathy, i admit i did wonder what the hell i had got myself into lol it is like having a little human but they look so different, i have been getting as much info as i can on staffy pups as i want to do the very best for bruno, i have had a staffy bitch before for 6 yeard but i had her when she was 6 and unlike bruno she never bit me lol
shazney
shazney

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down