Toilet time

Go down

Toilet time Empty Toilet time

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02 2013, 23:11

When it comes to going the toilet darcy has no problems the only thing is given the chance she will eat her own mess any ideas how we can stop this, she has always done it since we got her at 6 weeks

Back to top Go down

Toilet time Empty Re: Toilet time

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02 2013, 23:16

It's partly due to her being seperated from her siblings so young - they learn so much from each other during the final 2 or 3 weeks leading up to 8 weeks old!

All you can do is either add some pineapple to her food (it's supposed to make the poo smell & taste horrible so they won't eat it - I've not actually heard that it really works, though!), or make sure that you watch her like a hawk & clear up after her immediately! Teaching her a strong 'leave' command will also help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:02

Thx caryll, unfortunately the breeder had had enough by 6 wks I was unhappy about it & wanted darcy to stay until 8/10 wks as I knw they learn from there mums Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 20:43

Shame - all the breeders who post here will tell you that the pups are absolute hooligans when they get to the 3 week stage & upwards! But it's something you just have to get through if you're going to breed dogs - any breed!

Once they're weened they're eating/excreting machines! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down