Sore Paws and 'Bites'???

2 posters

Go down

Sore Paws and 'Bites'??? Empty Sore Paws and 'Bites'???

Post by Passey83 Mon Dec 10 2012, 12:31

Good Afternoon guys,

been a little while since i last posted but hoping people can offer me some advice.

Right, Leo has allergies and can oly eat certain foods (i'm sure alot of you have had the same experience), however, despite us being very careful about what he eats, his paws have been causing him some discomfort. Originally it was just the front 2, we went to the vets and they thought it was possibly his allergies flaring up again and gave us some steroid cream to put on (that is a job that is easier said than done!!!) Anyway, it hasnt cleared up, and now it has spread to one of his rear paws t the point that he only walks on 3 legs. He go's through stages off chewing and licking his paws and this makes it worse. We have tried sudacrem but he licks it off!
I have read about athletes foot for dogs, does anyone know anything about this?

Also on a separate topic he still seems to be getting Mossie bites even though I cant seem to find any in the house, any suggestions what this might be?

Cheers
Passey83
Passey83
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Leo
Dog(s) Ages : 1
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Sore Paws and 'Bites'??? Empty Re: Sore Paws and 'Bites'???

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 14:08

His paw problem could be due to a build up of yeast. Try putting a little cider apple vinegar into his food or water. Di you bathe his feet when you come in from a walk?

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly Pocket Mon Dec 10 2012, 14:59

When Polly's allergies flare up her paws can become inflamed and she will chew them until they bleed if we don't stop her, she can also get what look like mozzie bites on her inner thighs and stomach.
I give her piriton and she has got steroid tablets from the vet for when the piriton doesn't work. Polly is allergic to some types of grass and I am starting to suspect chicken too :-(
You could try piriton ( not piriteez as that works in a different way and doesn't work for dogs) Obviously bath her feet just in water, just in case any additives make the irritation worse.
Also this time of year as has been posted in another thread keep your dogs feet washed if there is a chance it could have walked on salt spread on the ground to stop ice as this will irritate and make their feet very sore.
Hope your little one feels better soon
Polly Pocket
Polly Pocket
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Polly, Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 30/1/11 & 15/2/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female & Male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down