Can dogs put 2 and 2 together? Eating question.

2 posters

Go down

Can dogs put 2 and 2 together? Eating question. Empty Can dogs put 2 and 2 together? Eating question.

Post by jola139 Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:31

Let me start from the beggining and sorry for the long post.
Before we went on holiday to Ireland a month ago,I thought calming tablets would do Debo good. So got some from the vet. Debo is not a big fun of medicine so had to crash it and mix it with his food. He didn't want to eat it. Since then he was always funny about his food,never finished it. We put it down to stress he had on ferry ( had to leave him in the car for 4h Sad ), new people,new place,raw meat my OH dad's offer him Laughing . So we put finally put it down to his food-he doesn't like it. Bought a small pack of new brand ,start mixing it with old. Same story,morning tiny bit,evening all( but by that time he's proper hungry). But if we use the old food as a treat he will eat it. Today funny thing happend. He didn't finished his evening meal so I was about put the bowl away when I spelt some on the floor and said to Debo to have a go. He ate all from the floor,so I put some more-ate it again. Took out different bowl and put the rest food from old bowl in it. He ate it all Surprised . So,my question is, can he really link that old bowl with the tablets I gave him a month ago and that's what putting him off?
Tomorrow I will give him his old food in new bowl and see what happens.
jola139
jola139
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Can dogs put 2 and 2 together? Eating question. Empty Re: Can dogs put 2 and 2 together? Eating question.

Post by Kathy Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:44

He may be associating the bowl with the taste of the tablets, yes try another bowl and see how it goes.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Can dogs put 2 and 2 together? Eating question. Empty Re: Can dogs put 2 and 2 together? Eating question.

Post by jola139 Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:47

That would be great,cus it would mean that I don't have to change from f4ds
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:51

Depending on how it affected the dog the first time, associations can be formed very quickly. So, yes, I agree with Kathy - it sounds like he's formed a negative association with that food bowl!

Anything to make things difficult for his owner! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Tue Dec 04 2012, 21:00

Some times I feel like he's smarter then me Surprised .
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04 2012, 22:24

Yep they can. Lexi ran into a wall once and ever since that she doesn't run into walls anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 01:07

Could very well be the bowl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 02:18

Could be. It's like if they get scared of something while in their cage, they might eventually develop a fear of going into the cage. Cool that you found out though, worth a try and hope it goes well Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 05:20

Hayley wrote:Yep they can. Lexi ran into a wall once and ever since that she doesn't run into walls anymore.

Wow Lexi must be smart Smile Steff runs into walls constantly, she never stops in time Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Wed Dec 05 2012, 11:17

So,nope ,is not the bowl,he's just not very hungry in the morning.Goodbye f4ds.
I was really hopping it was the bowl:
a) I would be so clever to found out this
b) we could stay with f4ds
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down