Nice Walk Today

+2
Mark
iamajc
6 posters

Go down

Nice Walk Today Empty Nice Walk Today

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 14:51

We had a good walk today. Loki saw his friend, Buster, so they had a good play. First time in quite a while they'd had a good play. Also, Loki was much better with Buster's owner. He was still jumping up Rolling Eyes but he was listening to me when I told him to sit. Then the man would talk to him and he'd be back to jumping, but he settled down in the end. Even better: HE DIDN'T BITE. His biting is better now, it's basically non-existent with the family now, but people he knows but doesn't see often...eh, he's still pretty bitey with excitement. He was great though, he licked but didn't bite. Which is good, because he had a new tattoo done on his hand Laughing

Then we met a black female Staff. She was beautiful Smile and probably around half the size of Loki even though she's 9 months old. The man said she gets wild with other dogs, and I was like, "Thank god, I thought it was just him, he annoys all the other dogs because he wants to play" Laughing. He was brilliant. Being the gentleman that he is, he let her sniff him first, then he sniffed her, and that was that. He used to sniff and then jump around on the other dog wanting to play, but he finally seems to have gotten some manners, which is great. I'm very proud of him Big Grin

He also had a nice run around on the long line. Speaking of which, how on earth do you use it? He kept getting tangled up in it, and I couldn't keep the whole thing up in the air, because...well, my arm isn't 10ft long Laughing

Back to top Go down

Nice Walk Today Empty Re: Nice Walk Today

Post by iamajc Mon Dec 03 2012, 16:35

I used to walk my JR with a long lead and found it was a case of constant adjustment, I found just keep a small amount of tension on it and using both hands, as they come closoer you need to coil it up like you would a rope and then let it back out as they get further away from you. Takes a bit of getting used to. Storms very rarely on his lead unless it's a very busy road or there is no pavement. I went to the shops last week and arrived out side and as I took his lead out of my pocket to tie him up I realised I'd forgotten to put his collar and harness on Blushing
iamajc
iamajc
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Storm
Dog(s) Ages : about 7 was a stray
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Mon Dec 03 2012, 16:57

mileys on a training lead when on the park. Its 50 feet long so causes some problems. She has the same behaviour as your dog jumping up and wanting to play with other dogs. We found that if the person she was jumping up at ignores her she stops. She is getting much better now but still likes a fuss off visitors etc Smile
Mark
Mark
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Dec 03 2012, 17:31

Sounds like progress is being made nice one you & Loki! Its so much nicer when you can relax with them. I have never used a long line and can imagine it being rather tricky, can you wear gloves and let rest on the ground?
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Dec 03 2012, 19:25

Sounds like Loki is growing up and calming down a little and remembering his manners, well done you are definitely getting there.

As for the long line just keep reeling it in like you would a rope as said above. This is what my hubby does with it.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster bumble Mon Dec 03 2012, 20:27

Well done you enjoy
Buster bumble
Buster bumble

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Buster
Dog(s) Ages : 4and a half month
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 23:56

The long line does get tangled sometimes. Wrap it like a rope and let it out slow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Dec 04 2012, 00:47

Great sounding outing! Nothing new to add on the long line as all has been said. Big Grin
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down