A nice story about staffy's in a newspaper

4 posters

Go down

A nice story about staffy's in a newspaper Empty A nice story about staffy's in a newspaper

Post by Ticklymac Sat Dec 01 2012, 11:01

Was down seeing my mum yest for the first time in a few week, having a gab and a cuppa and i started telling her about the lastest *holes i'd bumped into whilst walking Diesel, my mum isn't a , or wasn't a staffy fan when i told her i was gettin a staffy she screwed her face up and my dad said they would only ever look after her if her 'temperment' was ok, obviously now their views on the breed have changed that they've met the friendly lovably world-wind that is Diesel. Altho my bad mummy still doesnt think Diesel is 'bonnie lookin' Surprised
Anyway...she mentioned that The Scotsman (i reputable newspaper) had printed a story defending and trying to promote Staffys, so thought i'd have a look online for it and share it as its not common to see a nice article about our beloved pups!

http://m.scotsman.com/news/environment/scots-rescue-centre-launches-bid-to-reverse-272-increase-in-staffie-abandonments-1-2640249
Ticklymac
Ticklymac
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

A nice story about staffy's in a newspaper Empty Re: A nice story about staffy's in a newspaper

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01 2012, 11:07

That's nice to see!

Back to top Go down

A nice story about staffy's in a newspaper Empty Re: A nice story about staffy's in a newspaper

Post by Mark Sat Dec 01 2012, 11:10

Nice story good news for the breed Smile
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01 2012, 11:12

Great that they are actually doing that story! I should know Know not to read the comments but the first one annoyed me already hahah "need license fees to stop the irresponsible owners"

When are people gonna click on that the irresponsible ones are the ones who don't buy licenses or microchip!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sat Dec 01 2012, 11:45

I never actually read the comments but i just did and it was the one from 'dtny' i think that annoyed me.
I'l
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sat Dec 01 2012, 11:52

http://m.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/scotland/dog-home-launches-staffies-campaign-1-2640251
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Dec 01 2012, 12:26

A lovely story, great to read something positive for a change. I only hope more newspapers could take note of this one and print the true for a change.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Stokester Sun Dec 02 2012, 00:12

Refreshing to se all the comments agreeing aswell Smile
i was walking gary this morning and a woman seen him and started pulling her yorkie close to her, i said to her that hes ok he just likes to play and she said that shes scared of staffys because there agressive. (whilst we were talking gary's tail was waggling and they were both sniffing each other) i told her thats just bad press and that its the owners not the dog which she agreed with.. then her litle git of a yorkie snapped at Gary, Gary didnt pay attention and still wanted to play but i pulled him back because i dont want one bad experience making him scared of dogs. annoyed me though when she was saying stafys are aggresive, Gary was calm as anything but her precious Yorke seemed to have an aggresive attitude. Surprised
Stokester
Stokester
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gary
Dog(s) Ages : 7 months old
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Mon Dec 03 2012, 08:40

Stokester wrote:Refreshing to se all the comments agreeing aswell Smile
i was walking gary this morning and a woman seen him and started pulling her yorkie close to her, i said to her that hes ok he just likes to play and she said that shes scared of staffys because there agressive. (whilst we were talking gary's tail was waggling and they were both sniffing each other) i told her thats just bad press and that its the owners not the dog which she agreed with.. then her litle git of a yorkie snapped at Gary, Gary didnt pay attention and still wanted to play but i pulled him back because i dont want one bad experience making him scared of dogs. annoyed me though when she was saying stafys are aggresive, Gary was calm as anything but her precious Yorke seemed to have an aggresive attitude. Surprised

get that all the time. Guy in the dog park stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Diesel coming, i asked if his wee fluffy ball was ok with other dogs and he laughed and said yeah is urs?!? (in that you'r-the-one-with-the-pitbull tone) and then as the dogs met the wee fluff ball went for Diesel, i just glared at the guy eyebrows raised as he looked all guilty at me lol
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down