Whats ur favourite game to play with ur doggy?

+9
Jackieb
PygmyParrot
jola139
stella
Kathy
Ticklymac
pongy
Mark
pal
13 posters

Go down

Whats ur favourite game to play with ur doggy? Empty Whats ur favourite game to play with ur doggy?

Post by pal Wed Nov 28 2012, 17:34

Am I the only one who play with my dog?

Some people say dogs only have to play with dogs confused but I always play with Macy, hide n seek, cowboys, football... And always have great fun Big Grin

I thought itd be fun to share our favourite ways to play with our friends... Laughing
pal
pal
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Whats ur favourite game to play with ur doggy? Empty Re: Whats ur favourite game to play with ur doggy?

Post by Mark Wed Nov 28 2012, 17:36

we play hide and seek ripping up a chew stick and hiding it in a room. Then theres tug of war (an old t shirt) then the training games.... sit wait lay down paw etc Big Grin
Mark
Mark
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Whats ur favourite game to play with ur doggy? Empty Re: Whats ur favourite game to play with ur doggy?

Post by pongy Wed Nov 28 2012, 17:39

I love pulling a blanketover my head and pretending to cry ,drives Cassie mental. Oh says one day she going bite me as I'm coming out lol
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by pal Wed Nov 28 2012, 17:42

Thats really funny dave rolling on the floor
pal
pal

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Wed Nov 28 2012, 17:46

I play with her every day, usually a game of chase with a bit of wrestling and tug of war.
I like hiding under the duvet and shouting on Diesel, she goes mental jumping about over the top of me, sniffing at the duvet pawing at it trying to get at me! An if she gets in a get licked to death Laughing sometimes if she's in kitchen i'll hide under one of the couch throws on the floor tucked right in to the couch and shout her thru.
Also hide and seek down the hosp in the mornings, although thats getting dangerous now its dark...i fell down a hole and them my oh almost ripped his eye out on a branch running round a bush! Rolling Eyes

Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28 2012, 18:02

Ours is play fighting with the boys Smile lasts for ages and the OH always ends up at the bottom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Nov 28 2012, 19:13

Ohhhh yes we play hide and seek with Rocky too. He also used to play kiss chase around the shed in the summertime, but not so much now kiss
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Wed Nov 28 2012, 19:37

good old tug of war for sash with her daddy Big Grin
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Wed Nov 28 2012, 19:42

Old tug of war with OH, Debo pretent to run away with his toy and I'm "traying " to get him-he goes mental,he likes hide and seek
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28 2012, 20:06

I like to play 'Which hand?' with Dempsey. I hold out both hands, closed into fists, with a treat in one of them, making sure that he doesn't see which hand the treat goes into. I bring both hands up to his nose, then away from each other and say 'Which hand?'. He has to use his nose and tap the hand with the treat in it.

He's not very good. If he thinks there's a treat in the empty hand, he'll keep nudging it, even after I've shown him that there's nothing there! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Wed Nov 28 2012, 20:09

We play the its a monster game which is a bit like Dave and Cassie describe only I shout it's a monster and Dex snarls and growls and jumps all over me. Our latest game is the cup game, hiding treats under paper cups for him to find Big Grin Play fighting is a good bit of fun too, more tiring than I remembered as a child though Laughing Must be getting old!
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by pal Wed Nov 28 2012, 20:35

Thought it would be fun to share and it definitely is.
Laughing quite hard!
Big Grin
pal
pal

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28 2012, 21:21

Either tug of war or play fighting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28 2012, 21:39

Eleanor wrote:I like to play 'Which hand?' with Dempsey. I hold out both hands, closed into fists, with a treat in one of them, making sure that he doesn't see which hand the treat goes into. I bring both hands up to his nose, then away from each other and say 'Which hand?'. He has to use his nose and tap the hand with the treat in it.

He's not very good. If he thinks there's a treat in the empty hand, he'll keep nudging it, even after I've shown him that there's nothing there! Big Grin

Loki does the same thing, he'll go for the same hand repeatedly even when he knows nothing is in there Laughing

I like playing tug-of-war. He goes insane and he's strong, it lasts for ages before one of us wins cos we're both competitive Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Wed Nov 28 2012, 21:47

Musical chairs without the music.

I get up, both of them ninja the sofa !

I come bk in sit on the other sofa, they both come over.

I move to other sofa, they follow lol !

And good ol Tug !
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Thu Nov 29 2012, 03:05

Jackieb wrote:Musical chairs without the music.

I get up, both of them ninja the sofa !

I come bk in sit on the other sofa, they both come over.

I move to other sofa, they follow lol !

And good ol Tug !

That is so funny "ninja the sofa" lol, I have visions of a couple of balaclava'd up staffies somersaulting into place while the smoke bomb distracts lol
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Nov 29 2012, 14:23

Eleanor wrote:I like to play 'Which hand?' with Dempsey. I hold out both hands, closed into fists, with a treat in one of them, making sure that he doesn't see which hand the treat goes into. I bring both hands up to his nose, then away from each other and say 'Which hand?'. He has to use his nose and tap the hand with the treat in it.

Haha what a plank! Bless Demps we all love him even though his head is filled with cotton wool!!!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Nov 29 2012, 14:26

And we tend to play running and chasing, we take it in turns to be it (me and the dogs that is!) Also wrestling is fun and hide and seek. We can't really play tug too much cus everyone gets over excited and nippy trying to be the first one on the toy. We play 'branch' in the park where me and OH get a massive branch and let them hang on. We take one end each and carry them until they give up! It must look so funny to the other park-users!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steviec Thu Nov 29 2012, 14:28

hiding under the duvet is always good fun. hide and seek too.
another i do is get him in my room, ( i have remote control lighting) switch the light off and drop down and crawl, then flick the light back on. no doubt he knows i've moved with his hearing and senses but his face is always a picture when i turn the light back on. sometimes he has literally just jumped on top of me in the dark!
Steviec
Steviec

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Cassius
Dog(s) Ages : Born 24/5/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by pal Thu Nov 29 2012, 15:49

I would love to see that Nosipho. It does sound really funny. rolling on the floor
pal
pal

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pal Thu Nov 29 2012, 15:54

Aww thats so sweet Stiviec.Your picture is so sweet. What a cutie pie of a staffy.
Also just remembered my ex's dog love catch the fly. U make zzzzz noise and pretend to ndicate a fly flying about. He goes mental and make the strangest and funniest noises, he really loves that game.
pal
pal

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by BetsyBoo Thu Nov 29 2012, 21:09

Betsy's favs include good old fashioned fetch, football- she can be a bit of a ball hogger but we're working on that one - a nutmeg (ball through the legs) gets a sausage Smile, mummy hides and Betsy finds - she goes nuts for that game. Guess I do too Smile
BetsyBoo
BetsyBoo
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Betsy
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Thu Nov 29 2012, 21:21

chasing tennis balls across a field (tennis rackets are brilliant for this), play fight / wrestling, play catch in the living room (she brings the ball back for that, i dont even have to get out of the chair), tug of war if i can get her worked up enough to play, otherwise she just lets go.
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down