Pixee limps worse

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pixee limps worse - Page 2 Empty Pixee limps worse

Post by Staffy lover Sun Nov 25 2012, 16:38

First topic message reminder :

I have mentioned in various posts, that Pixee has a limp. When she had her canine out, as she was too stressed, they couldnt find anything, and did say, when they stressed they tend to not show the pain. She has been rested. All has been going well, apart from two weeks ago, a tug of rope play with hubby, the pain showed up in the early hours of the morning, with Pixee crying out. After a massage, she was fine, runnning round, but I went up the vets to let them know and they gave me some Megacam painkillers (Spelling?) For one week she has been brillant. Except for Saturday morning when she jumped off our bed, it all came back, holding her leg out at a 45 deg angle. I was in tears as I knew she was in pain. Hubby came home at that point, and said she did cry out when I picked her up. Vet was closed, I gave her some painkillers, and waited for 2 hours to see if she got better, which she did, so I didnt bother getting hubby or son to ring the vets out of hours line, as I was taking her up tomorrow without fail. Today she is worse, whinning alot. We have had to carry her out for toilets, she is not moving much. Will eat anything we give her, but wont go to her bowl or water, so water is being brought to her too. Got son to ring the out of hours vets, we were told that all they could do today is give her painkillers, which we have, and to bring her in tomorrow. She wont put any weight on her leg if possible, then other times for a few minutes she will walk on it and the limp is there but not as bad, so confusing. Is it possible she could have broke her shoulder bone jumping off the bed with an already soft tissure injury which is what I was told it possibly was a month ago. Son did touch a point of her chest, you know there the top legs meet, they have a hollow each side, hope I am explaining ok, he started to massage that spot, and she did cry out. After one toilet trip, where I carried her in and out, it did hurt her to do the lady wee wee thing, and she stood there holding her leg out at that angle, I just cried. When she is walking on it, its not straight at all, the leg is, but from the shoulder its at an angle, does that make sense? Has anyone had that problem? She is going to the vets first thing, but some ideas might help too.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Pixee limps worse - Page 2 Empty Re: Pixee limps worse