What amountof food should I feed my dog?

3 posters

Go down

What amountof food should I feed my dog? Empty What amountof food should I feed my dog?

Post by miss_yell Sun Nov 18 2012, 23:31

Polly a 21 week old female staff. I am currently giving her 1 tin of pedigree chum puppy food with 4 handfuls of dry mixer. She has about a handful of pedigree gravy bones throughout the day as well. She's up to date with worming.
I have noticed that shes looking quite skinny, (cant see her ribs) but she looks like she has no muscle mass, her build looks more like a chubby whippet at the moment. Is this because I am not feeding her enough?
Also does she need a coat in this weather?
miss_yell
miss_yell
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

What amountof food should I feed my dog? Empty Re: What amountof food should I feed my dog?

Post by goldie87 Mon Nov 19 2012, 10:50

First and foremost, I'd get her off anything 'Pedigree', its one of the worst foods out there on the market.

Personally, I'd move her onto a decent dry food, like Wainwrights which is fairly affordable, you can get it from Pets At Home. It'll have daily feeding guidelines on the packaging so you'll know exactly what to feed.

Regarding the coat, I'm currently looking for one for Zeus at the moment for when I take him out on walks. He's got a jumper which we put on him at night when he goes to sleep in the kitchen (which can get cold).
goldie87
goldie87
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

What amountof food should I feed my dog? Empty Re: What amountof food should I feed my dog?

Post by Kathy Mon Nov 19 2012, 13:02

Pedigree is not the best quality food out there, try having a look at the recommended foods from the list below, you may want to try a sample size bag to begin with to see if your dog it. Rocky has Barking Heads TLC which I would recommend.

If you decide to change food do so gradually to avoid an upset tummy:

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/dryfood.html
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down