Normal behavior?

3 posters

Go down

Normal behavior? Empty Normal behavior?

Post by Matt86 Sun Nov 18 2012, 11:58

I'm sure this is probably normal but I can't seem to find all that much on google. Carly will not move an inch from her crate in the morning for anyone but me. My wife and kids are in and out of the kitchen all morning but she just lays there. She won't even go out for a wee Laughing Even when we have visitors over such as my mother or my wife's friends, Carly won't move from her bed. As soon as she hears a slight noise from upstairs, she's up and trying to get out of the cage and as soon as she sees me she's like a dog possessed. She will go outside for a SUPER QUICK wee then stick to me for the best part of the morning haha Is this normal? For her to attach herself this way to me and not the kids or my wife? She loves the whole family but until she's had her morning dose of ME, she doesn't move Laughing Silly question I know but I'm full of them haha

Matt86
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Carly
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Normal behavior? Empty Re: Normal behavior?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18 2012, 12:19

Sounds a little like Dempsey! Smile Dogs will often form a special attachment to one person in particular. For instance, I walked down the passage in my house yesterday and Dempsey thought it was his master! You should have seen the disappointment on his face when he came running out and realised it was just me. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18 2012, 12:25

Get your wife and kids involved with feeding her and playing games with her

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18 2012, 12:25

Matt86 wrote:I'm sure this is probably normal but I can't seem to find all that much on google. Carly will not move an inch from her crate in the morning for anyone but me. My wife and kids are in and out of the kitchen all morning but she just lays there. She won't even go out for a wee Laughing Even when we have visitors over such as my mother or my wife's friends, Carly won't move from her bed. As soon as she hears a slight noise from upstairs, she's up and trying to get out of the cage and as soon as she sees me she's like a dog possessed. She will go outside for a SUPER QUICK wee then stick to me for the best part of the morning haha Is this normal? For her to attach herself this way to me and not the kids or my wife? She loves the whole family but until she's had her morning dose of ME, she doesn't move Laughing Silly question I know but I'm full of them haha

And why on earth would you need google when you've got us Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18 2012, 12:36

They do seem to bond with one person in particular. Getting others involved in feeding, walking and training will make things better

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Nov 18 2012, 12:37

although i spend alot more time with sash than oh(he works long hours)and feed her and walk her in the week,she such a daddys girl.when we had the fireworks it was always him she'd cuddle up to as if he was her protector.
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18 2012, 13:15

Loki is like that with me. Unfortunately, it also means he starts whining for me if I don't let him out of the cage as soon as I'm in the room Rolling Eyes. It's nice though Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18 2012, 13:19

stella wrote:although i spend alot more time with sash than oh(he works long hours)and feed her and walk her in the week,she such a daddys girl.when we had the fireworks it was always him she'd cuddle up to as if he was her protector.

Tilly's a daddy's girl too Love Struck Tommy just loves anyone with a biscuit Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sun Nov 18 2012, 13:58

Yep..I now do the cold wet walks thanks to Dex's penchant for his mummy Laughing Won't go with oh at all if it's remotely damp. Lucky bugger oh eh! He warms his toes and I traipse around all sodden Big Grin
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down