Alternative to Mince?

2 posters

Go down

Alternative to Mince? Empty Alternative to Mince?

Post by Staffymummy Thu Nov 15 2012, 14:49

wave looking for a little advice from raw feeders please.

Louis has been on raw for about 8 weeks now and the benefits are amazing! My only problem is that in the last couple of weeks he has decided that he doesnt like mince - used to eat it within about 10 seconds.

We currently feed him:
Am - Alternate between 3 choices: Mince (Chicken or Beef), Offal or Fish (sardines as he doesnt like DAF's oily fish)
PM - Alternate between 2 meal choices: 2 Chicken Carcasses or Tripe filled hoof & a bone (such as marrow bone or any from a DAF mixed bag)

As Offal is fed twice a week and Fish once this leaves 4 breakfast meals fed as mince - i've been and bought some PAH beef chunks, which he loves, but surely he cant have beef for each of these meals? I'm struggling to find a supplier of other chunks that delivers to Edinburgh - Any advice or suggestions to improve his meal plan would be very helpful.

Nearly forgot to say that we feed bones for his evening meal because he is still confused by them confused and it takes him at least 20 mins to pluck up the courage to eat it - once he starts he loves it though rolling on the floor

Thanks in advance
Staffymummy
Staffymummy
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Louis
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Alternative to Mince? Empty Re: Alternative to Mince?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 15:42

Prizechoice do frozen beef chunks & frozen Tripe chunks which are good. I think they also do heart chunks. If you're feeding chicken carcasses then I don't seee why you can't feed beef at other times.

http://prizechoice.co.uk/products/wholemeatchunks/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Thu Nov 15 2012, 19:49

I use www.barfpetfoods.co.uk they deliver next day.

They are a lil more expensive than DAF but I like their packages tbh, all lablled, vacuum packed etc.
They do ostrich meat too !

If nothing else u might get some ideas. Mine are on 1 raw meal a day whilst I use up the Wainwrights. Today they had beef meal, which has tripe, beef cheek and heart.
Yesterday they had rabbit and tomorrow it's chicken necks with a marrow bone each.

Local butchers are great too, just ask for a bag of offcuts for ur dog. Cheap as chips x
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffymummy Tue Nov 20 2012, 12:30

Thanks for the replies. I've had a look through DAF's products again and i think i'll just order beef chunks and chicken chunks with them. Aswell as trotters, carcass', offal and fish, this should give Louis enough variety.

Thanks again.

Staffymummy
Staffymummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Louis
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down