Jealous dog

Go down

Jealous dog Empty Jealous dog

Post by Ceciliiiie Sun Nov 11 2012, 10:37

I got a two year old staff, and she is extremely jealous when it comes to me! If another dog approaches me or jumping on me, she tries to snap at them, if she's loose she jumps towards them while she grunts, I'm afraid it will go so far one day that she attacks... She's jealous even at my boyfriend, if we sit next to each other in the coach she starts barking, same if we kiss hello or goodbye... I try to tell her no, but she wont listen, otherwise she is extremely obedient... any ideas or tips you want to share? Smile
Ceciliiiie
Ceciliiiie
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bellaleyah Amaya
Dog(s) Ages : 2 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Jealous dog Empty Re: Jealous dog

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11 2012, 10:44

not something I've experienced other than our 2 competing for attention though Tilly will sit back if Tommy goes thundering in for a licking session. Hopefully someone with good experience will come along soon to help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11 2012, 23:59

Suki is like this as well. If one of us pets another dog she will run over and bark or try to get the dog away from us. Try keeping her on lead and interacting with as many other people and dogs as possible. Also make sure you aren't giving off any nervous energy for her to pick up on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12 2012, 00:12

I had a dog like this too - not with other dogs but if I wanted to spend some "quality time" with my then boyfriend she was very possessive of me; not aggressive but muscling in and NOISY!

I sympathise but don't honestly know what the answer is - my boyfriend left before the dog!

Good luck, and I hope someone can help you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down