Interest free credit or Buy Now Pay Later - not free

Go down

Interest free credit or Buy Now Pay Later - not free Empty Interest free credit or Buy Now Pay Later - not free

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29 2012, 16:19

Just been out to buy a new washing machine today from Currys , thought I'd struck a really good deal between Comet and Currys only to find out when I read the BNPL docs there is a £25 admin charge for prompt payment Surprised . Was going to challenge it by checking back with Comet but it seems they do the same after checking their website. Only thing I'll say is the assistant (who in all fairness was quite new) didn't tell me whilst completing the paperwork , whereas it states quite clearly on the Comet website that a fee is payable. Very tempted to kick off about it and just go and pay it all now but having a few hundred pounds in me pocket with Xmas coming is more tempting so I will lewt it ride.
So be warned folks , if you are offered Buy Now Pay Later , check if there is an admin fee

Back to top Go down

Interest free credit or Buy Now Pay Later - not free Empty Re: Interest free credit or Buy Now Pay Later - not free

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29 2012, 17:59

If you were not told at the time you bought it, they can't charge it! All adverse clauses have to be brought to your attention at the time of signing.

Back to top Go down

Interest free credit or Buy Now Pay Later - not free Empty Re: Interest free credit or Buy Now Pay Later - not free

Post by Andy Mon Oct 29 2012, 18:04

Hmmmmmm thinking .. I'm about to get a new LED telly, Blueray. and sound bar in the next few weeks .. I dont want to s
Andy
Andy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29 2012, 18:05

The finance is with another company Caryll and TBH I was going to use Comet against them but since they do the same then there's no weight there. Did think about calling them up and challenging them but we need the washing machine , it was the better deal so threatening to pull out is not an option and I don't feel like a fight . Next time I will just settle in full at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29 2012, 18:06

Andy wrote:Hmmmmmm thinking .. I'm about to get a new LED telly, Blueray. and sound bar in the next few weeks .. I dont want to s

Sure if you know about it they will knock it off as part of the deal. When buying something like that I prefer to go to a hight street shop just so you have peace of mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down