Caryll

Go down

Caryll Empty Caryll

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24 2012, 13:29

I didn't want to hi-jack another persons thread, but you mentions PAH own brand food to be of alright quality? My dad always wants to put Lexi on that but i wasn't sure about it. Right now she seems fine (has put a bit too much weight on again but i don't mind coming into winter cause she needs to keep warm) but she is on chappie rings right now.

what put me off the PAH brand was the "vegetables" which i think a dog doesn't need. im not very good at the nutritional value stuff, so help will be appreciated.

PAH

Ingredient(s):

Cereals, Meat and Animal Derivatives (Beef min 31% in Beef Chunk), Oils and Fats, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Minerals, Vegetables (Peas min 4% in the round Green Cylinder Carrots min 4% in the Orange Cylinder).

Additives:

Protein 20%, Crude Oils and Fat 10%, Crude Fibre 3%, Ash 7%

Chappie

Ingredient(s):

Cereals (min. 4% Whole Wheat),Derivatives of Vegetable Origin,Meat and Animal Derivatives (min. 4% Chicken),Oils and Fats,Minerals.

Typical Analysis:

Protein: 20%, Fat content: 7%, Inorganic matter: 8%, Crude fibres: 3.5%, Moisture: 9%, Additives per kg, Antioxidants, Nutritional additives, Vitamin A: 6643 IU.

Back to top Go down

Caryll Empty Re: Caryll

Post by goldie87 Wed Oct 24 2012, 14:13

From looking at the ingredients, Chappie is cr*p and I'd recommend you to get straight off that.

PAH's own brand food isn't so bad but you should have a look at the Wainwrights range, that again is made specifically for/by PAH and it is much better quality. Zeus was on Wainwrights until I switched him to Fish4Dogs recently.
goldie87
goldie87
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24 2012, 14:35

goldie87 wrote:From looking at the ingredients, Chappie is cr*p and I'd recommend you to get straight off that.

PAH's own brand food isn't so bad but you should have a look at the Wainwrights range, that again is made specifically for/by PAH and it is much better quality. Zeus was on Wainwrights until I switched him to Fish4Dogs recently.

Unfortuntely with me it is a cost thing, if i could afford to i would have her on the best quality food, but i don't make a lot of money from casual hours and i'm still job hunting, plus with a horse to feed hay and stuff i just can't afford more than £20 on a bag.

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Wed Oct 24 2012, 14:43

If that's the case then I'd definatly move her onto PAH own brand, Chappie is one of the worst.

Also, if you reserve the food online at PAH, add discount code: AJ557P, and you'll get 10% off your final order!
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24 2012, 14:46

I thought it might be cause of the colour. Shes only went through two bags since i got her onto it so not too much. Thanks for the advice x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24 2012, 17:37

I wouldn't worry about the vegetable content too much. The thing that puts me off the Chappie is the lack of meat content.

PAH own stuff is certainly better than Chappie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24 2012, 19:09

kay thanks. my dad will be happy to hear that lol

Someday i hope i have enough money to blow on dog food day dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down