Peeing....

3 posters

Go down

Peeing.... Empty Peeing....

Post by Ticklymac Sat Oct 20 2012, 05:54

Wasn't sure which area to put this in but basically as you may or not know Diesel has been a raw diet for a week now, eating chicken chicken an more chicken, i've noticed that she barely drinks anymore but she seems to be peeing more? in fact just now she had the 3rd "accident" of the week....

I was playing chase with her in my living room, she was running along the couch when suddenly she stopped an peed!! (Luckily its leather) I couldnt believe it! shes not done this since she was a pup and never ever on the couch.....or at least until tue night. She was just lying snuggled up with my pal on the couch and then me, then she started diggin at my cover so i thought she wanted under coz she likes to snuggle up under the covers, but then she just peed! With no warning what so ever! usually if she needs shes makes it quite clear, (runs to door an barks or stands glaring at you) not only that she'd just been out 2hrs previous!
Same with just now, she went out before i went to work about 9 then when i came home at half 2 i took her out. I know for a fact she can hold her pee for longer than this and that she is well an truly house trained so any ideas whats goin on???
Ticklymac
Ticklymac
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Peeing.... Empty Re: Peeing....

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20 2012, 08:57

Can't see that it's anything to do with the raw diet (but I have no experience of this diet) , the first instance sounds like excitement to me but can't say on the 2nd. Maybe a trip to the vet to make sure she hasn't picked up a UTI would be a good step

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Oct 20 2012, 13:15

Sounds a bit odd, maybe try going back to basics for the toilet training, or could be an underlying problem as Dave has suggested above ???? May be worth a trip to see vet to be on the safe side.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20 2012, 17:00

Bella does that from time to time. It's like she suddenly realises she needs to pee and just does it where she is. She has always done excitement wee's so I've been putting it down to her being a bit daft. The breeder told me during our conversations that one of her dogs done that and I have wondered if it was one of Bellas parents Rolling Eyes
If it's a new thing then I think I would try and rule out UTI.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sat Oct 20 2012, 18:16

I feel ur pain !

My boy Tank was perfect with pees n poops outside, until one day I found a random pee in the conservatory ...,. Then he blatantly did a pee in front of me in the lounge ! Instinctly I jumped up bellowed 'no' scooped him up and put him outside.

Since that day he will happily wait at the back door to be let out. He gets loads of praise when he's at the bk door and he laps it up.

So I think correction when it happens/is happening and praise when he 'gets' it goes a long way and perseverance x
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Mon Oct 22 2012, 02:45

Dave wrote:Can't see that it's anything to do with the raw diet (but I have no experience of this diet) , the first instance sounds like excitement to me but can't say on the 2nd. Maybe a trip to the vet to make sure she hasn't picked up a UTI would be a good step

Yeah just weird that shes drinking a lot less than she did on dry/wet but peeing more....Was thinking maybe somat like a UTI, shes not had any accidents last couple of days, in fact i was in bed ill yest and she never bothered me for a good long while to get out - mayb she just sensed my unwellness tho and thought "i bet mummy would prefer i just cuddled up with her instead of draggin her out in the cold and wet lol Love Struck
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22 2012, 05:54

Lets hope all goes well from now on then Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Mon Oct 22 2012, 20:01

Yeah everything seems ok now....mayb I was just being overly paranoid...would be the first time I've been an overprotective panicky mother!!
Thanks for all ur help an support tho xx
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down