Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us.

+5
janey
mickgill
Chantel
Kathy
staffitaxi
9 posters

Go down

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Empty Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us.

Post by staffitaxi Mon Oct 15 2012, 13:47

It was really nice to meet up with a few folk from off here yesterday. Have to say could quite happily have taken Maisie home with me Love Struck

Here are the first of my photos from the day.

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0006

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0037

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0041

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0046

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0049

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0050

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0052

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0054

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0056

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0058

Will post a few most when I get chance.

Andrea

staffitaxi
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Don't have one, have helped a couple of thousand though
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Empty Re: Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us.

Post by Kathy Mon Oct 15 2012, 13:50

Thanks for the pics, great to see such a good turn out for the event.

We would love you to join us:

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Empty Re: Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us.

Post by Chantel Mon Oct 15 2012, 13:57

Great pics. Looks like a lovely day out
Chantel
Chantel

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maska & Loki
Dog(s) Ages : Maska 1 year and a bit & Loki 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 15 2012, 17:48

Thanks for the pics Andrea , Tilly and Tommy loved the attention and I loved being in the company of so many great dogs. Was a fantastic day, the best weather and the best people, and you can definitely put me down on the list for the next one in May, and don't forget to do the little walk again next year if you want your trophy back >Smile

Now you've found us though please pop over and say hi

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions

and as we chatted yesterday please feel free to use the forum for posting some of your homeless furballs

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f71-staffordshire-bull-terrier-rescues-adoption

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Mon Oct 15 2012, 17:48

Looks like a great day out Smile
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Oct 15 2012, 18:25

Fab. can you do something down my way pleeeease Big Grin

Oh hiya and welcome btw Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by spenc Mon Oct 15 2012, 19:19

staffitaxi wrote:It was really nice to meet up with a few folk from off here yesterday. Have to say could quite happily have taken Maisie home with me Love Struck

Here are the first of my photos from the day.

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0006

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0037

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0041

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0046

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0049

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0050

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0052

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0054

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0056

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0058

Will post a few most when I get chance.

Andrea
hi Andrea maisie would have easily gone with you lol she will go anywhere that she gets a fuss rolling on the floor we all had a great time looking forward to next one we hope to bring our other dog as well blain next time he traval sick though sick great pick and once again thanks for the great dayRudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. DSC01262Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. 304732_405172826199372_2109426569_n
spenc
spenc
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : blain and maisie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : male + female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Oct 15 2012, 20:57

Hi Andrea

Ditto to whats been said, it was a great day out, really enjoyed it Big Grin ... pop back in here and let us know how much we raised Big Grin ..
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 15 2012, 21:06

Andy wrote:Hi Andrea

Ditto to whats been said, it was a great day out, really enjoyed it Big Grin ... pop back in here and let us know how much we raised Big Grin ..

Forgot to tell you mate , got coerced into a pint with Spenc and his Mrs walking back to the cars at the hotel and they were having a meet in the Beer Garden , Tommy and Tilly got an award for the most money raised (still to be counted and collected about £200) and I think the total figure on the day was around £600

1 for the diary is the big weekend in the Lakes , May next year with a big walk and a companion dog show, weekend in the hotel (DF) sounds like it might get messy , we're definitely going Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Oct 15 2012, 22:20

Wow Dave you did really well raising that amount of money. Congrats to you all.

Whereabouts in the lakes will the walk next year be ??
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jocross Mon Oct 15 2012, 22:23

That looks like great fun , wish I could have been there

jocross

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jess
Dog(s) Ages : 4 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Oct 16 2012, 09:17

Dave wrote:
Andy wrote:Hi Andrea

Forgot to tell you mate , got coerced into a pint with Spenc and his Mrs walking back to the cars at the hotel and they were having a meet in the Beer Garden , Tommy and Tilly got an award for the most money raised (still to be counted and collected about £200) and I think the total figure on the day was around £600

1 for the diary is the big weekend in the Lakes , May next year with a big walk and a companion dog show, weekend in the hotel (DF) sounds like it might get messy , we're definitely going Big Grin

Dam, missed that Sad .. if it hadnt cost me around £45 in diesel there and back, I would've prob raised about the same as you Big Grin , how did they know the figure ? nobody asked us how much we raised i dont know

The Lakes bash sounds good .. messier the better rock on!

Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 10:12

Great pictures!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 13:59

Andy wrote:
Dam, missed that Sad .. if it hadnt cost me around £45 in diesel there and back, I would've prob raised about the same as you Big Grin , how did they know the figure ? nobody asked us how much we raised i dont know

The Lakes bash sounds good .. messier the better rock on!

I nearly missed it too mate , they had all congregated in the beer garden and Ian talked me into a quickie when I was on the way back to the car, went into the bar to grab a couple of cheeky drinks and they were waiting for me when I came out. They asked me when I turned up how much I expected to make , it was only a guess as I hadn't counted up so I will make the rest up myself Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 17:06

Love all the pics Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Oct 16 2012, 20:05

[/quote]I nearly missed it too mate , they had all congregated in the beer garden and Ian talked me into a quickie when I was on the way back to the car, went into the bar to grab a couple of cheeky drinks and they were waiting for me when I came out. They asked me when I turned up how much I expected to make , it was only a guess as I hadn't counted up so I will make the rest up myself Blushing [/quote]

Ah right, I'm assuming the 600 figure was a guestimate!! ... as just you and I raised well over half of that Laughing .. and there was LOADS there Big Grin
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 20:12

I can only assume if they didn't ask you then they didn't ask some other people and have a few more quid to come in as a surprise which will be great rock on! , got to go round meeting all my countrywide workmates now to rob them of their cash. Truth be known I should just double the amount from my pocket and not bother chasing up me mates as for every fiver I collect it will cost me 40 quid in beer and a night out just to see them >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Oct 16 2012, 20:15

Laughing .. the true cost of charity Laughing
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 20:23

Andy wrote: Laughing .. the true cost of charity Laughing

But if somethings worth doing , bugger the expense

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Oct 16 2012, 20:27

Specially where staffys are involved Love Struck
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 20:29

Andy wrote:Specially where staffys are involved Love Struck

Totally agree , that's why I'm off out tomorrow to buy a little savings tin for the big weekend next year in the lakes Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by farmgirl Wed Oct 17 2012, 12:35

great photos looks like it was a great day out for all well done
farmgirl
farmgirl

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Kia
Dog(s) Ages : 15 months approx
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by staffitaxi Wed Oct 17 2012, 12:56

Hi All

Anna was asking people as she booked them in if they new what they had raise to give us an estimate for the day.

We are hopeful that we will have raise approx £600 I wouldn't expect that to go up vastly.

Many of the people you met on Sunday support us at all our events. Most of them will have been there for the full weekend in May in the Lakes which is the bigger event and probably raised sponsorship then. As a rescue we appreciate any donations but we also realise that you can't keep asking the same peope to raise money over and over again. Which is why in the letter which goes with the sponsor form it says if you raised money for the May walk we wouldn't expect you to raise sponsorship again at Rudyard, but you can if you want to. We do like people to turn up at our events, its our chance to see how well the dogs are doing and to meet up with people who are good friends. As an example the greatest distance travelled for the walk on Sunday was 5 hours from Devon. A good percentage of the dogs there were rescues including two re-homed in the last month or so.

We were really thrilled by the turnout as it was the first time we had not specifically sent information out for it by post but relied on the internet to promote and for people to print off the information. I've been involved in organising these events for approx 14 / 15 years, some of the people there on Sunday have been coming to them longer than I have. Big Grin

Hope that explains why the money raised might not sound as much as for the people that were there.

Andrea

staffitaxi

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Oct 17 2012, 14:15

Wow that was still a staggering amount of money to raise you must very proud of everyone that took part.

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17 2012, 18:59

staffitaxi wrote:Hi All

Anna was asking people as she booked them in if they new what they had raise to give us an estimate for the day.

We are hopeful that we will have raise approx £600 I wouldn't expect that to go up vastly.

Many of the people you met on Sunday support us at all our events. Most of them will have been there for the full weekend in May in the Lakes which is the bigger event and probably raised sponsorship then. As a rescue we appreciate any donations but we also realise that you can't keep asking the same peope to raise money over and over again. Which is why in the letter which goes with the sponsor form it says if you raised money for the May walk we wouldn't expect you to raise sponsorship again at Rudyard, but you can if you want to. We do like people to turn up at our events, its our chance to see how well the dogs are doing and to meet up with people who are good friends. As an example the greatest distance travelled for the walk on Sunday was 5 hours from Devon. A good percentage of the dogs there were rescues including two re-homed in the last month or so.

We were really thrilled by the turnout as it was the first time we had not specifically sent information out for it by post but relied on the internet to promote and for people to print off the information. I've been involved in organising these events for approx 14 / 15 years, some of the people there on Sunday have been coming to them longer than I have. Big Grin

Hope that explains why the money raised might not sound as much as for the people that were there.

Andrea

Andrea all money is good money , and from my point of view as my circumstances have not afforded me the rescue option I was just really chuffed to walk away and think that I've contributed Big Grin Anyway enough of that where are the rest of the photos hurry up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Oct 17 2012, 20:32

Great stuff Andrea, its good to know you have a loyal support group Big Grin

Once I've collected all my sponsor money in I'll wiz a cheque off to you that you hadnt accounted for by the sound of things ... so thats a bonus Big Grin

Keep up the outstanding work applause
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by staffitaxi Thu Oct 18 2012, 13:08

Dave wrote:

Andrea all money is good money , and from my point of view as my circumstances have not afforded me the rescue option I was just really chuffed to walk away and think that I've contributed Big Grin Anyway enough of that where are the rest of the photos hurry up!

Give me chance Dave LOL, I only get short lunch breaks Mon-Wed.

I've tried to pick ones with people off here so if I miss anyone I apologise

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0105

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. DSC_0107

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0108

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0174

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0180

Andrea

staffitaxi

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18 2012, 20:45

Brilliant thanks Andrea , been waiting for last pic so can thank all my friends that contributed with an email

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Oct 18 2012, 21:15

staffitaxi wrote:

Rudyard Walk - thank you to those people who came and supported us. Dsc_0180

Andrea

Smashing pic Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down