How old should be bitch to have first litter?

+7
Kathy
CMR
farmgirl
Lou&percy :)
StuW
Jackieb
jola139
11 posters

Go down

How old should be bitch to have first litter? Empty How old should be bitch to have first litter?

Post by jola139 Sat Oct 06 2012, 10:01

Not asking for myself. Today at te park Debo had a chance to play with another lovely staffy bitch. You could tell by touching her coat that she's preaty young. She looked like he just had puppies. I've asked the owner how old is she,they said 11mnths. Then DEbo started to hump her Surprised ( correct him ) and the lady owner told me " Don't worry,she can't get pregnant ,she just had puppies". The dog's pregnancy is what 60-65 days,that means she got pregnant when she was 8-9mnths Surprised .From what I remember they shouldn't get pregnant at their first season.
They told me they 've got her from someone,when I said '" So ,she a rescue?" ,the answer was no,just from someone.Hm.
jola139
jola139
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

How old should be bitch to have first litter? Empty Re: How old should be bitch to have first litter?

Post by Jackieb Sat Oct 06 2012, 10:29

Gosh.
Well, Staffordshire bull terrier breed council states 18mths or 3rd season minimum.
Ofc there's tons of bad breeders that don't give a rats backside about their dogs, it's a quick buck.
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

How old should be bitch to have first litter? Empty Re: How old should be bitch to have first litter?

Post by StuW Sat Oct 06 2012, 10:40

I've always heard the bitch should be at least 2yrs old and the male 18mnths!

If it was me, my dogs health comes first and would always leave both to be of age before considering breeding, it's not worth it doing it too soon.
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 10:43

Pretty sure it's 2 years for a bitch and Tommy has endorsements on his pedigree registration so that we couldn't stud him until they are lifted and that is at 2 years old. Some people just should be shot at birth angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 10:45

angry angry

18 months minimum! Preferably 2 years old!

£££££s! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 11:59

Thats sad. That poor dog. I would have picked her up and ran away with her after i'd punched the owner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 12:38

Shes a puppy herself Sad Poor little thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou&percy :) Sat Oct 06 2012, 12:40

Awwww bless her Sad x

Lou&percy :)
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
How old should be bitch to have first litter? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Percy
Dog(s) Ages : 22 weeks
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 13:11

Dave wrote:Some people just should be shot at birth angry

Agreed angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 15:22

Sad Far too young, she's still a pup herself. I always thought it was around 2 years old. Bella's coming up to 13 months, had 2 seasons, and she is still such a baby. There are some real idiots out there angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 15:41

Aaawww, poor dog Sad seems irresponsible to breed them so young when they're still puppies at that age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 16:05

poor girl Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by farmgirl Sat Oct 06 2012, 17:48

Poor little thing Sad
farmgirl
farmgirl

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Kia
Dog(s) Ages : 15 months approx
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by CMR Sat Oct 06 2012, 18:47

to be fair society often fails when it comes to the age of parenting be it of the human or the pet variety and its more often than not a symptom of poor education rather than cruel intentions.

CMR
CMR
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 19:18

CMR wrote:to be fair society often fails when it comes to the age of parenting be it of the human or the pet variety and its more often than not a symptom of poor education rather than cruel intentions.

I do agree with that. But the problem with that is the gov don't bother to make it very widely known. They leave it to charities and they do what they can but most of the time the money is just spent on looking after the animals and making ads to get more money. They set up classes etc but people who can't be bothered are not going to go and won't learn. They need to send a general info leaftlet to like every house in the world lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Oct 06 2012, 19:46

jola139 wrote:Not asking for myself. Today at te park Debo had a chance to play with another lovely staffy bitch. You could tell by touching her coat that she's preaty young. She looked like he just had puppies. I've asked the owner how old is she,they said 11mnths. Then DEbo started to hump her Surprised ( correct him ) and the lady owner told me " Don't worry,she can't get pregnant ,she just had puppies". The dog's pregnancy is what 60-65 days,that means she got pregnant when she was 8-9mnths Surprised .From what I remember they shouldn't get pregnant at their first season.
They told me they 've got her from someone,when I said '" So ,she a rescue?" ,the answer was no,just from someone.Hm.

This just wrong on all counts, she is still just a puppy herself. Some people need a slap they really do for letting it happen. Bad, Bad.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 04:34

Sad Poor girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 09:11

Hayley wrote:

I do agree with that. But the problem with that is the gov don't bother to make it very widely known. They leave it to charities and they do what they can but most of the time the money is just spent on looking after the animals and making ads to get more money. They set up classes etc but people who can't be bothered are not going to go and won't learn. They need to send a general info leaftlet to like every house in the world lol

kathytake2 wrote:
This just wrong on all counts, she is still just a puppy herself. Some people need a slap they really do for letting it happen. Bad, Bad.

CatStina wrote: Sad Poor girl.

I'll happily volunteer myself as a slapper for a day angry angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 09:35

CMR wrote:to be fair society often fails when it comes to the age of parenting be it of the human or the pet variety and its more often than not a symptom of poor education rather than cruel intentions.

I don't accept that. Even poorly educated people know that a pup is a pup. They wouldn't want their 10 year old daughter to have a baby just because she can.

It's all about a) not being bothered to keep the bitch away from dogs & b) wanting to make as much money as possible from the sale of pups - after all, you could get 10 litters from a bitch if you start early enough. angry

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Sun Oct 07 2012, 09:38

You should just see her Sad .Poor little thing. People know they will get away with it,so they won't stop. Sad
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 09:50

Makes me feel very very sick TBH , when I look at Tilly at that age and think how could anybody possibly think it was ok to put a baby through that , and Caryll it's not even the equivalent of a 10 year old, more like 5 or 6 Surprised and the only difference is if a parent let a child do that then somebody would come asking questions and there's a fair chance that the authorities would become involved. What does this poor little girl have to protect herself from such things , absolutely nothing Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 09:57

I wasn't really referring to exact age, more the age when a child is able to concieve - ie around the time of her first period!

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Sun Oct 07 2012, 09:59

I agree. And what worse- she will still love her owners no matter what. For the future were I can report things like that? Is it worth it,does it really work if I do?
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 11:15

That's disgusting! That poor pup Sad

You could report it to the RSPCA, but tbh, I don't think they would do much, if anything, about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 11:53

The trouble is, it isn't illegal. And the owner could say it was an accidental mating. The R$PCA wouldn't be interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Sun Oct 07 2012, 11:55

Shame ,in Poland it's illegal and they will get a big fine.

Last edited by jola139 on Sun Oct 07 2012, 11:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speling)
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 11:56

You have better animal protection laws there than here, then! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 11:57

Caryll wrote:You have better animal protection laws there than here, then! Sad

So lets vote in a polish government next time , can't be any worse than the one we have angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 12:03

Dave wrote:
Caryll wrote:You have better animal protection laws there than here, then! Sad

So lets vote in a polish government next time , can't be any worse than the one we have angry

True! at wits end

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Sun Oct 07 2012, 12:07

Believe ,it is
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Sun Oct 07 2012, 12:23

In Poland if you want to sell litter the parents have to have pedigree,if they don't it's illegal to get paid for the puppies.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 13:10

now that is a fantastic law

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 17:03

That is a brilliant law and one we would certainly welcome over here. That would completely stuff things up for the byb's!! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 17:05

jola139 wrote:In Poland if you want to sell litter the parents have to have pedigree,if they don't it's illegal to get paid for the puppies.

That's a better law than here - at least people don't breed for money as much.

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Sun Oct 07 2012, 17:23

Well ,the law is good but we do have lots of illegal breeders as well. Is just up to the buyers to report them or not,which as every where,some people don't care and looking for cheap puppies Sad
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Mon Oct 08 2012, 13:24

Poor baby, some people are just unbelievable. And shes obviously a complete muppet because a bitch comes into heat again straight away after having pups. So this idiotic owner will probably have another litter on her hands soon, that poors little girl.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph&Sash Mon Oct 08 2012, 13:29

Way too young!

I cant believe she let your dog hump her dog because it was 'ok'. If were you, i would've turn around and said well i have a problem with it so no it isnt OK!

Arrrrghh what the hell goes through these people's heads when they make these decisions. Money i guess....
Steph&Sash
Steph&Sash
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 1 Year
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Oct 09 2012, 09:53

I know Debo could of been a baby father to the poor little teenage mother.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09 2012, 10:13

Nosipho wrote: And shes obviously a complete muppet because a bitch comes into heat again straight away after having pups.

I think that would be very rare! The minimum I've heard of is a season 8 weeks after birth of the previous litter. Although we don't know how old this poor bitch's pups are, do we?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09 2012, 10:14

i thought it was 2 for a b1tch and 18 months for a dog but to be fair and honest im thinking even these are a little bit young as you should only breed for better of the breed and memphis is 2years 4 months and i would say just now he getting his adult looks so really to gauge true conformaty i would say 2and1/2 before you get full picture

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09 2012, 10:16

I'm pretty sure there's no minimum recommended age for a dog to be used at stud. But as you say, how can you see if a dog's good enough to breed from until he's mature?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09 2012, 10:22

memphis sister from the same litter (the one the breeder kept)is due her first litter verry soon so im guessing 4th season for her (his mother retired now 4years old)lol but they only ever breed there bitches 3 times and a clear season in between

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09 2012, 10:34

bigwazza wrote:lol but they only ever breed there bitches 3 times and a clear season in between

That's good - the KC max limit is 4 litters, so that's a very responsible breeder! thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09 2012, 12:18

Caryll wrote:
bigwazza wrote:lol but they only ever breed there bitches 3 times and a clear season in between

That's good - the KC max limit is 4 litters, so that's a very responsible breeder! thumbs up

his mother and father are breeders with a good name in the northest (bob and sheila heppel)but mainly from word of mouth do they sell there pups (dont believe they advertise on sites) and there son seems to be sticking to the same values Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by kaztaz Wed Oct 10 2012, 21:32

Ive had experiance in this today myself Sad Went to my local shop as i got out the car there was 2 lovely staffys male and female there tails going mad to say hello to me couldnt resist a quick cuddle Big Grin Well i could tell the female was young so i ask she said she was 11 months and the other male was the dad then troy was crying in the car to get out not like him at all. Then out of the blue the owner said mines prob going mad cuz her female pup is in season and then how gutted she was that the dad got to the pup and was to late to stop them and she couldnt afford to get the dogs done at wits end i got in the car didnt say a word to her as i would of lost it and would of done something i regreted (or maybe not )didnt even go in the shop came home and cryed Crying or Very sad that poor pup going to have pups by her dad and she will sell them and still not get them done at wits end
kaztaz
kaztaz

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : troy
Dog(s) Ages : 12 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Wed Oct 10 2012, 22:52

Nosipho wrote:I know Debo could of been a baby father to the poor little teenage mother.
Oh,don't say that Surprised .
people are sick,some of them will do anything for money Sad
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyLee Fri Oct 12 2012, 11:55

Very bad Staffy owners !!!

Very very irresponsible .

frustrated
BobbyLee
BobbyLee
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Athena and Aries
Dog(s) Ages : 24/10/2011 and 24/10/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female and male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down